Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

I can understand the no guide thing being a pain in the butt. I would just do an online chat and see if they can offer you anything. I just did a chat this morning to see if I could get a deal on HBO so I can watch Hard Knocks this month.

I don't plan on calling Dish for a few bucks discount over this although I was wondering what they were offering, if anything. I don't need the money, I don't need the locals through DishTV. What I really need is the program guide. With the guide I could easily see what was on that day and in the future and also just hit a button and record a show. Now, I have to go to my pc and look at the channel schedule and go back and use the manual timer if I want to record something. It is not a matter of money, it is a matter of not getting what I'm paying for (the principle of the thing) and also the inconvenience I just noted. I don't know what the rules are for others but this seems to make sense to me.
I'd say the biggest cost to provide locals is the guide. Look how much Tivo charges monthly for their service which includes guide data.

I'm not sure about the actual locals charge,the last I heard it was $6 month,but that is included into base packages.

shortspark,I do agree with you about the guide info.I wish there was someway Dish could fix that.

First of all we do not know what the real problem is. It maybe that raycom told dish to stop auto hop on their stations or pay a higher fee to make up for the perceive loss of revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the biggest cost to provide locals is the guide. Look how much Tivo charges monthly for their service which includes guide data.
This is Tivo's way to make a lot of money and to subsidize lower cost DVRs. I have a MythTV DVR and guide data from Schedules Direct, costs just $25/year.

Hear hear Hall. A LOT of us besides shortspark would be OK with the outage if only Dish decoupled their sat transmission guide from their OTA guide. Argh! What imbecile thought that up?

Thought i would mention a station not on this list. I am in the Columbus, Ga DMA and lost both ABC and the FOX affiliate WXTX.

I NEED CONFIRMATION: WXTX is an American Spirit Media station. Have all the Spirit Media stations been pulled along with the Raycom channels? Looks like they all have marketing agreements with Raycom - ie, Spirit Media looks like a shell company so Raycom can get around ownership caps:

KYOU Fox, Ottumwa, Iowa
WDBD Fox , Jackson, Mississippi
WSFX-TV Fox, Wilmington, North Carolina
WUPW Fox, Toledo, Ohio
WUPV CW, Richmond, Virginia

I personally don't like the idea of paying for a channel that has virtually no original programming. CBS, My Network provide the programming... the local channel just distributes it.

I personally don't like the idea of paying for a channel that has virtually no original programming. CBS, My Network provide the programming... the local channel just distributes it.
Granted, My Network probably provides 24/7 (or pretty close to it). I'm guessing CBS provides a little over 12 hours/day to the locals. Also, if you think about it, the network is just distributing the programs. They pay the producers (or whoever actually "makes" the show) and just distribute it.

Oh, and isn't My Network simply rerunning old shows? Those aren't original either.

Just to be more specific - it wasn't the moving as we now look at "moving" that caused the problem, It was giving Distants when some did not qualify.

They would ask a question.
Have you been able to receive "NBC" in the last 30 days with an OTA antenna?
then they would say ...
Sir you should answer no to this question.
So of course I answered
"No"
Congratulations you now receive NBC on dish channel 241! (this part didn't happen but yeah it was that easy to get distants back in the day.)

I NEED CONFIRMATION: WXTX is an American Spirit Media station. Have all the Spirit Media stations been pulled along with the Raycom channels? Looks like they all have marketing agreements with Raycom - ie, Spirit Media looks like a shell company so Raycom can get around ownership caps:

KYOU Fox, Ottumwa, Iowa
WDBD Fox , Jackson, Mississippi
WSFX-TV Fox, Wilmington, North Carolina
WUPW Fox, Toledo, Ohio
WUPV CW, Richmond, Virginia

I can definitely confirm that wxtx has been pulled.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Can't watch CBS on dish because of the Raycom dispute, and can't watch it online because I use Time Warner. My wife keeps telling me to stop watching Big Brother, she wins!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)