Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

That's a good idea. I wonder if providers could use this as a negotiating tool... "we'll give you statistics on what people are watching in exchange for a lower fee per subscriber." Let's think outside the box.
Or in this case, inside the box (cable/sat box).

?:facepalm

Do any locals transmit the collected signals via satellite to the providers ? I'm positive that's what I was told happens here... You can be certain that Dish, Directv, and the cablecos use the viewing data that they collect via their set-tops in negotiations !

Not that I know of here. I know where the D* headend is and they fiber out. The E* headend (if it's where I think it is) is MILES from stations so not real practical to receive, ship back to a station & uplink.

That's a good idea. I wonder if providers could use this as a negotiating tool... "we'll give you statistics on what people are watching in exchange for a lower fee per subscriber." Let's think outside the box.
Actually the diary is good in that it isn't real time. It allows the DVR now. They include those that watch via DVR instead of real time. I'm one of those that I watch less than 1% real time. So links to the box if it's DVR will be almost as delayed and the box reporting. I do believe that they are going to go for a variation of the book on line.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)