Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

When's the last time you bought gas?

Exactly. Everyone likes to say "sports fans" should pay more for the sports channels if they want them (see how that works?). If your locals cost $2 more a month than mine, you eat it.

But I agree that's about as likely to happen as the ESPN's being moved out of normal packages...

Last edited:
$10 off a month is high, but free OTA adapters are pricey as well (granted Im not sure what the Dish cost is). They gave out Roku's during the AMC deal, sure that wasnt cheap either.

Ive pretty much made up my mind if ESPN goes, Ill stay because I like my Hoppers too much. That being said, I will be expecting some serious discounts if it goes and I call in to complain.

I got $5 off for 3 months and multi sport package free for 3 months...was told to call on expiration date and will get it for 3 more months

Redzone is covered for this football season...GO COWBOYS!!!

$10 off a month is high, but free OTA adapters are pricey as well (granted Im not sure what the Dish cost is). They gave out Roku's during the AMC deal, sure that wasnt cheap either.

Ive pretty much made up my mind if ESPN goes, Ill stay because I like my Hoppers too much. That being said, I will be expecting some serious discounts if it goes and I call in to complain.

I feel the same way...I know that they dont have to give discounts but dish has done so in the past so we will see

While it is always nice to get a little discount now and again, I won't call in on this one as I wouldn't be watching the channels that are dark anyway. Well, that and I have gotten some nice little discounts on some other things that I didn't expect. :)
?

While it is always nice to get a little discount now and again, I won't call in on this one as I wouldn't be watching the channels that are dark anyway. Well, that and I have gotten some nice little discounts on some other things that I didn't expect. :)
?

I agree with being fair about it, I dont like the idea of just getting it because you can. If you lose something you use, I do feel there should be some discount.

I keep debating with myself about getting the OTA module for weather outages and these occasional channel disputes. It would make it easier that way. I could just hook the antenna to the TV, but then I have to fiddle with the programming setup on my Harmony 1. :)

I figure that this will end before the 'season' starts, or at least I would think so. At whatever rate Dish would pay now, or would with a new contract, not being on Dish means less money in Raycom's pocket, possibly quite significant money.
?

My Harmony has several start modes: Watch Hopper, Watch a Movie, Watch Sharp (this one goes directly to the TV Tuner), Watch Roku, and Watch Mac ( a mirror of my Mac)....

I keep debating with myself about getting the OTA module for weather outages and these occasional channel disputes. It would make it easier that way. I could just hook the antenna to the TV, but then I have to fiddle with the programming setup on my Harmony 1. :)

I figure that this will end before the 'season' starts, or at least I would think so. At whatever rate Dish would pay now, or would with a new contract, not being on Dish means less money in Raycom's pocket, possibly quite significant money.
?

The modules have been great for me on the Hoppers, very reliable. They are safe bet for disputes, but I always like not having to worry about missing part of the show due to a storm. They also look better too.

My Harmony has several start modes: Watch Hopper, Watch a Movie, Watch Sharp (this one goes directly to the TV Tuner), Watch Roku, and Watch Mac ( a mirror of my Mac)....

I do as well.

Won't work. It would be near impossible for them to advertise that. Oh you are getting screwed compared to your neighbor down the street just cause you are in a different zip code. Not a good idea at all. They did it right roll all of it into one price.

If it were like the superstations all for a price or individual channels then you could say CBS wanting $3/month is too much, I will pick up FOX/ABC/NBC for $1 each and get CBS OTA as an option...

Seeing how locals are all technically "free" OTA I think the FCC should step in and just set a simple basic fee for the Sat & Cable co's to pay, no more no less.

Seeing how locals are all technically "free" OTA I think the FCC should step in and just set a simple basic fee for the Sat & Cable co's to pay, no more no less.

Exactly what they have been turning their backs to for years.

I agree with being fair about it, I dont like the idea of just getting it because you can. If you lose something you use, I do feel there should be some discount.
Struggling with that myself. I have temporarily lost two channels, but it isn't football season yet and I don't really watch these channels otherwise. I know if I complain, I'll get a credit, but I also don't think Dish should have to pay to get those two local channels, so I'd feel like a total hypocrite complaining about something that I agree with in principle. Can I complain to Viacom and get a credit from them? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts