RAYS will drastically cut payroll even if the win WS... Marlins 1997 dejavu?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Question....IF you were to move to Pittsburgh, will you be supporting the Pirates on a regular basis? No? I thought so. And there in lies the issue. In Florida, there are so many northerns and midwesterners that have migrated to the state, that almost 60% of the state were no originally born here or raised her. They bring their norther loyalties with them. IF you were to move, you will STILL be a loyal Yankees fan....no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Down here in Miami, they are almost 40% more fans when the Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs and White Sox. Yes, there are THAT many folks down here from these areas.

IF I were to move down there, I would continue to follow my team up here of course, but would also keep up on whats happening with the home team.

It would be probably a 70/30 split.

Question....IF you were to move to Pittsburgh, will you be supporting the Pirates on a regular basis? No? I thought so. And there in lies the issue. In Florida, there are so many northerns and midwesterners that have migrated to the state, that almost 60% of the state were no originally born here or raised her. They bring their norther loyalties with them. IF you were to move, you will STILL be a loyal Yankees fan....no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Down here in Miami, they are almost 40% more fans when the Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs and White Sox. Yes, there are THAT many folks down here from these areas.

Not true. I am a huge Yankees Fan, however I also support the Toronto Blue Jays and go to their games even if the Yankees aren't playing them in Toronto. And Yes I would support the Pirates. After all, I would feel right at home, because their owners support their baseball team about as much as my football team's owner supports his. However, you could move me right in Queens NY and I can guarantee you, I would support the Boston Red Sox before the NY Mets.;)

Last edited:
They will do well...in a REAL baseball stadium. The place is awfull for ANYTHING. IF they had something legit, WORTH coming to watch a game.....they would drawn. BUT, the state already gave up a ton of tax money for the Marlins stadium...and then the Marlins ownership lying about money they DID have ....that would NOT bode well with politicians and tax payers....
I know but they have to have a dome in that area. That's one thing nice about going to the game. No rain outs. I went to a Boston Rays game and a thunderstorm hit the area. We had no idea how bad it was but we could hear the storm inside.
I remember for years people saying if the team would just win the fans would show up. Well, it's not working .

They will never do well in that part of the state. I don't know if any of you know this but they did look at having the team between Orlando and Tampa when the looked for a location. It would have been a better idea. Near the old Boardwalk and baseball location near Winter Haven on 1-4.

Was that the place on RT 27 in Davenport? where the Royals used to train?

Was that the place on RT 27 in Davenport? where the Royals used to train?

I believe the Royals did. It was called Circus World before that. I have video of it someplace. It closed in 1990 and many of the employees came to Orlando for jobs. It 's a great location for a ballpark. They would do well but it would have to be a dome because of the heat and weather.

I believe the Royals did. It was called Circus World before that. I have video of it someplace. It closed in 1990 and many of the employees came to Orlando for jobs. It 's a great location for a ballpark. They would do well but it would have to be a dome because of the heat and weather.

I drove by the site a couple of years ago. You're right, it's a great location for a park with it's proximity to I-4!

Will have to see if giving away 20,000 seats will help attendance for the season finale on Sunday. Looks like tickets go on "sale" 2 1/2 hours before game time.

It would seem that if they can't draw well with their performance this year, they may as well fold the tent and go elsewhere.

I am also surprised by the poor attendance to the Padres/Cubs series.

Monday - 22,739
Tuesday - 27,619

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts