Rays will now have all games on Fox Sports FL/Sun Sports

proof?

mlb website doesnt show anything yet and if true that would be a helluva drop off for the OTA games...they usually have 75 or so home games on OTA TV

I have heard the same thing. The only thing is I have yet to see any real proof of this as of yet. Marlins, Rays, and Blue jays have yet to announce tv schedules. The Blue jays are missing the roger sportsnet games, but have released tsn's schedule. Sun sports/fs florida site has yet to show anything about it yet either.

I do not have cable or fios. What would be the chaepest way to get FSN South?

You don't have it or you can't get cable or fios???...:confused:
If you can't get either cable or fios, your only other option would be DBS, (DISH Network or DirecTV)...and if you are wanting the Rays games, you must be in their "claimed" area or you will need DirecTV's MLB EI package.

You might want to investigate MLB.TV, but you would need either DSL or a cable modem, as dial-up won't work!!!...

Good Luck!!!...:up

When I read the Bradenton.com article, one of the executives noted that Rays will be seen in Miami/South Florida as well as the rest of the state. I'm not sure if that's true or not about Miami, but aren't the Rays games blacked out down there anyway? Or is it in a similar arrangement where Astros games can be seen in Dallas-Fort Worth and Rangers games can be seen in Houston?

If you are in Tampa, the games will be on FSN Florida (formerly Sportschannel Florida...there I just dated myself) ;)

Neither the Marlins or the Rays schedules are posted yet and their games will all be on Sun Sports and FS Florida ...my hunch is they are trying to decide how best to split the games ..what with the Magic and Lightning on Sun sports (only the magic headed to the playoffs) and the heat and Panthers on FS Florida ... Based on prior years ideally I think they would like the rays on FS Florida and the Marlins on Sun Sports .... or for Sun Sports to be used only when two games are on that are either simultaneous or possibly simultaneously less than 4-5 hours apart starting times ............

From the Marlins website (below)

Nothing from the Rays, who still show OTA broadcast partners on their site.

FSN Florida

The regional TV home of the Florida Marlins, is producing 75 Marlins games in high-definition (HD) this season – 66 HD games are scheduled for FSN Florida and another nine for games FSN Florida is distributing on sister network Sun Sports. Customers of participating Florida cable, telco and satellite systems, with FSN Florida and with an agreement to deliver FSN Florida's HD product, will have access to HD Marlins games this season on a separate HD channel.
Participating systems include Advanced Cable, Comcast (select areas/games), Atlantic Broadband (select games), Verizon FiOS TV, Knology, Home Town Cable, Cox Communications Gulf Coast (select games), DIRECTV (Florida) and DISH Network (Florida).

From the Marlins website (below)

Nothing from the Rays, who still show OTA broadcast partners on their site.

FSN Florida

The regional TV home of the Florida Marlins, is producing 75 Marlins games in high-definition (HD) this season – 66 HD games are scheduled for FSN Florida and another nine for games FSN Florida is distributing on sister network Sun Sports. Customers of participating Florida cable, telco and satellite systems, with FSN Florida and with an agreement to deliver FSN Florida's HD product, will have access to HD Marlins games this season on a separate HD channel.
Participating systems include Advanced Cable, Comcast (select areas/games), Atlantic Broadband (select games), Verizon FiOS TV, Knology, Home Town Cable, Cox Communications Gulf Coast (select games), DIRECTV (Florida) and DISH Network (Florida).

Good post 1980! I am looking forward to seeing both...

Some points:
1. Marlins and Rays are seen statewide on FOX Sports Florida/Sun Sports.
2. It appears FS-F will have all 150 televised Marlins games and SUN will have all 150 televised Rays games.
3. Each team will have over 100 HD telecasts each.
4. No more OTA for the Rays as they join the Marlins on the statewide RSNs.
5. No word if FS-F/SUN have made peace with MSOs that only carry the basic FS-F package of 95 Marlins games and 75 Rays games.
SVG - SPORTS VIDEO GROUP

Some points:
2. It appears FS-F will have all 150 televised Marlins games and SUN will have all 150 televised Rays games.
5. No word if FS-F/SUN have made peace with MSOs that only carry the basic FS-F package of 95 Marlins games and 75 Rays games./quote]

why do think number 2 is true ?.... seems like the quotes indicate that Marlins have some HD on Sun Sports....I actually felt like this question of who goes on which channel is what is holding up the detail schedule

Some points:
5. No word if FS-F/SUN have made peace with MSOs that only carry the basic FS-F package of 95 Marlins games and 75 Rays games.

why do think number 2 is true ?.... seems like the quotes indicate that Marlins have some HD on Sun Sports....I actually felt like this question of who goes on which channel is what is holding up the detail schedule
It may end up being split between the two channels, but I think the teams and the RSNs would prefer a consistent channel for each team through the season. Depends on the MSOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)