RC-72 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Ok I'm new to Direct and so is my friend....

I'm at her house with her new Genie HR-44....

Switched it to RF, got her Sony TV working....can this remote work on her sound bar/ surround? I don't see the software for that....

The sound bar is a iLive..... If any one can chime in if its even possible?

Thanks

Menu.. settings ..remote control.. program remote.. audio device. Then lock audio

It took the installer and I a long time to get the stupid HR44 remote to work with my Denon receiver. And you gave me the code to make it work on my tv. I despise that remote and so do many people. I suggest getting a real Directv remote.

It took the installer and I a long time to get the stupid HR44 remote to work with my Denon receiver. And you gave me the code to make it work on my tv. I despise that remote and so do many people. I suggest getting a real Directv remote.
I too dislike that stupid remote, would love for them to put the RF ability back into the old white remotes.
IF they could do that and have it back lit, I would be willing to buy a New one from them.

However, since i got my Genie I have bought a new Universal Remote MX-890.

I too dislike that stupid remote, would love for them to put the RF ability back into the old white remotes.
IF they could do that and have it back lit, I would be willing to buy a New one from them.

However, since i got my Genie I have bought a new Universal Remote MX-890.

Fully agree. I use the white (aka "real" ) remote in my living room on the HR44. Sadly, I have to use the worthless HR44 remote in the bedroom since I use the same receiver on both TV's with a HDMI splitter. I can't even get the CE to download with the 72 and there's zero TV functionality when it comes to TV menus etc. I lost the remote control for that TV long ago and used to use the real remote to set it up. I hate that the buttons are too close together. It's loud when you click the volume or channel. I don't understand how that thing is supposed to be an improvement.

Fully agree. I use the white (aka "real" ) remote in my living room on the HR44. Sadly, I have to use the worthless HR44 remote in the bedroom since I use the same receiver on both TV's with a HDMI splitter. I can't even get the CE to download with the 72 and there's zero TV functionality when it comes to TV menus etc. I lost the remote control for that TV long ago and used to use the real remote to set it up. I hate that the buttons are too close together. It's loud when you click the volume or channel. I don't understand how that thing is supposed to be an improvement.
Think about it, They took this design straight from the TIVO remote, that never made any sense seeing the TIVO is pretty much a dinasour anymore.

I never have a problem using these remotes on a daily basis... I have no idea where these reports of installers having problems getting 71s/72s to work are coming from.
I just don't care for the design and like mentioned earlier, I too think the buttons are not spaced very well and you lose functionality from the White remote.

It's clearly a step backwards.

AZ I use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote with no issues for our Living Room equipment. We use the rc-72 in our bedroom, since all we have in there is a tv and a C31 box. No extras that need to be controlled.

I just don't care for the design and like mentioned earlier, I too think the buttons are not spaced very well and you lose functionality from the White remote.

It's clearly a step backwards.
I agree. I use this one for the bedroom and hit record button all of the time thinking it's the guide.

Thanks guys....It gave 5 codes non that worked......I have the "old style" and that's the first Ive messed with this rc....I will look into your suggestions see if she wants to go that way......
In general I kinda like the remote, but removing the colored buttons? What were they thinking?????

Thanks guys....It gave 5 codes non that worked......I have the "old style" and that's the first Ive messed with this rc....I will look into your suggestions see if she wants to go that way......
In general I kinda like the remote, but removing the colored buttons? What were they thinking?????
They all got remapped aside from the red button. Green and yellow are the ffd and rev I think and the blue is now the dash key.

Reactions: AZ.
I too use a Harmony 650 on my Genie in the living room & it works flawlessly. I use the RC-72 with a Mini in the bedroom and have to keep reprogramming the remote's RF signal when set for IR/RF. Tech support have no other permanent solution and this combined with the horrible layout of the keys adds up to a really bad user experience.

I too use a Harmony 650 on my Genie in the living room & it works flawlessly. I use the RC-72 with a Mini in the bedroom and have to keep reprogramming the remote's RF signal when set for IR/RF. Tech support have no other permanent solution and this combined with the horrible layout of the keys adds up to a really bad user experience.
Just set it for IR.

I agree. I use this one for the bedroom and hit record button all of the time thinking it's the guide.
Or the ON button. Or the OFF button when trying to press LIST. Or accidentally hitting the channel UP/DOWN rocker and losing the buffer. And no STOP or PIP buttons. I don't know what they were thinking.

Reactions: ejb1980
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts