RC65 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jestes23

Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Kentucky
I've installed Genie, 3 clients, HDVR, 2-H25. All Vizio tvs were just purchased, probably from SAMs Club. First off can you use a RC71 remote with the H25 and HR24? If not , what gives? They send those receivers out from distributor with the Rc65 remotes. So now to my main problem. None of the three RC65 remotes will find a TV code for the Vizio. Not only does it not find it, when you do the auto test and try to use volume button to test, a message comes up that says your remote is not setup to operated tv, program... If you select program it takes you back to beginning. The other 4 receivers work fine with the RC71 remotes. I need all remotes to work RF too.

Confirmed. Software download to all receivers.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've installed Genie, 3 clients, HDVR, 2-H25. All Vizio tvs were just purchased, probably from SAMs Club. First off can you use a RC71 remote with the H25 and HR24? If not , what gives? They send those receivers out from distributor with the Rc65 remotes. So now to my main problem. None of the three RC65 remotes will find a TV code for the Vizio. Not only does it not find it, when you do the auto test and try to use volume button to test, a message comes up that says your remote is not setup to operated tv, program... If you select program it takes you back to beginning. The other 4 receivers work fine with the RC71 remotes. I need all remotes to work RF too.

Confirmed. Software download to all receivers.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't believe the 71 will do RF for the other recvrs, IR only.

Try setting up ir only ... if you need it to run them all.

Jimbo's right, the RC71 rf only works with the HR44 and the 41 clients, but should work fine in ir.

For the 65's hold mute and select until the green light blinks twice then hit 9-9-1 wait for the light to blink now hit 1 again and hit channel up 4 times then select. This will cover those tv's. In order to be RF you need a different model then the one you mentioned. The 71's only work 44/41's in RF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genie Go-Is going bye bye

Direc app. Issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)