RC66RX Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm more hesitant getting the genie due to the fact I may get the 34 and not the 44 more than the remote itself.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

From what I have read at dbstalk, the newer rf frequency is supposed to allow for better communication between the remote and the box.

No doubt that the biggest drawback to the HR44 is having to use that POS "peanut remote" to get RF. Really can't believe DirecTV let this crap out the door without a workaround back to the larger remote. I have 3 Tv's hooked to my HR44 and watch in the dark often. No backlit remote as well as a remote that is hard to find buttons is just wrong. Please DirecTV, give me a backlit, oldstyle, whiteface remote that works RF on my HR44

I love that POS. All I need is that and my Harmony and I'm good.

I have a free Genie being offered to me with the protection plan, was all set to bite the bullet, asked the gal if they could just send one out, seeing I've done all my own work anyways, she said sure, thats no problem, she could tell I knew what I was talking about ...
This is not the reason I called btw, later when processing the order, she said that they would have to send a tech out, thats when I declined, as I am working 6 days a week and am NOT taking time off work for this.

What an awesome forum and informative thread. New DirecTV user here. I ordered a RC66RX expecting to use it with RF on my HR44. Obviously it did not work. It is ok in this room to use IR, but it was driving me nuts. Now I know why. Great info here.

What an awesome forum and informative thread. New DirecTV user here. I ordered a RC66RX expecting to use it with RF on my HR44. Obviously it did not work. It is ok in this room to use IR, but it was driving me nuts. Now I know why. Great info here.
THIS is the whole reason I bought a URC remote.

Yeah, the URC looks cool, but overkill for me in this case. I just wanted to be able to use the sleep function on my bedroom TV without having to have 2 remotes. The RC66RX does the job, but that was a deceptive description. It stated it was a RF remote and it was compatible with the HR44. Technically true, but a bit deceptive.

Yeah, the URC looks cool, but overkill for me in this case. I just wanted to be able to use the sleep function on my bedroom TV without having to have 2 remotes. The RC66RX does the job, but that was a deceptive description. It stated it was a RF remote and it was compatible with the HR44. Technically true, but a bit deceptive.
Well .... it Is a RF remote AND works with the Genie (HR44) !

Do you Need RF in the bedroom ?

See I use to use a RF in the bedroom, but have since changed back to IR, figuring it's only 10 feet away anyways. I use an old white remote in the BR.

I know. I am. I figured out here why it was only using IR, and was then pointing out the description of the remote was a little deceptive.

Rather than start a new thread.. same remote (RC66Rx)... will it work in RF mode with an HR-54 ? (so far this thread covered HR34 and HR44)

thanks!

Works fine for me.

Then you're not using RF mode. As much as I hate the RC71 remote, I must use it to control my HR44 from the bedroom because it needs to be RF. You can't control the HR44 with the RC6X remote. I actually watch less TV in bed because of it, maybe that's a good thing.

As others have said, in IR mode, the superior RC6X remote works just fine for the HR44. It controls almost everything I need it to without hunting down other remotes. TV menus, Switching to Amazon and other apps, OTA on the TV, some Denon control like changing radio stations and inputs. Try doing any of that with the RC71. Harmony remotes and all that do not interest me. The RC65RX sitting next to me is my best TV friend!

Reactions: zim2dive
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)