RC73 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick Esenwine

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2015
Hanover, Pa
I have a RC73 remote which I cannot seem to switch to RF mode for our downstairs DVR. We have a HR24-200 in the living room and whenever I follow the prompts to change from IR to RF mode, the remote seems to go through the motions but will not control the DVR at all. The remote upstairs we use with the Genie (HR44-500) works great.
I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

The RC73 will not work with the HR24 in RF mode. Only works with the genies in RF mode. Something to do with different radio waves I believe.

Yes, you need an RC6x remote to work in RF with the HR24. The RC7x series use a completely different RF protocol.

The RC65 controls my TV, Denon, VCR (before I had DVR), and of course the Directv. No issues. Rarely needed any other remote.
The RC7x remote makes you think that it can control other things, but it can't for real world use.

Yes, you need an RC6x remote to work in RF with the HR24. The RC7x series use a completely different RF protocol.

Ok, this morning I got out the old RC65 remote and attempted to following the on-screen directions 3 times to program it for RF. It still will not work. Any thing I'm missing?

Is it an RF remote? A vanilla RC65 is not RF. An RF remote will have an FCC label on the back.

Yes, with an R suffix that means it will do RF on the older systems..

Looking at the RC66RX from Amazon for $6. Should this one work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Careful i bought a couple of those and they are refurbished i think. They were both DOA. So i went to solid signal and purchased at a higher price and got a functioning remote.

Careful i bought a couple of those and they are refurbished i think. They were both DOA. So i went to solid signal and purchased at a higher price and got a functioning remote.

Just to finish up, bought the RC66RX through Amazon from Solid Signal for $5.25. Came in the mail Monday, after 5 minutes to set-up, everything is working like a champ.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts