RCA 27" HDTV $300 @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man speaks the truth, was at Wally World today, 27" RCA HD Ready set for $296, PQ looked good, a little worried about with what I've heard about RCA though, might be a risk that's willing to be taken at that price and 90 day return policy though...

jonbsumthin said:
I had a 30" and got an unbelievable HD experience, it depends on room size and how far away you are. HD looks great on CRTs. What I can't understand is how anyone would want to watch those horrible Rear Projection TVs, yuck.

1080i/720p HD is HD no matter what. If you say YUCK to a 65" HD RPTV set then you were watching a ridiculously cheap, or horribly calibrated TV or one that had a serious internal malfunction, or all of the above. I have a 65" UltraVison HD RPTV and a 106" HD FPTV, both with absolutely perfect HD images.

how anyone would want to watch those horrible Rear Projection TVs

Because at least @ 42" or more and I have a true theater like experience (which is what HD is supposed to be about) not sitting in the upper deck, bring the binoculars or squint experience.

I say why would anyone cheapen their HD experience by buying a set so small no one could tell or care less if it really was HD or not? This is almost as bad as people spending $5000 or more on a 40" flat panel TV just so they can tell their buddies they have a "flat panel" HDTV. They just overpaid by double or more for far less size HD than the same 1080i/720p in the other formats.

IMHO

What about the Sanyo 30" Widescreen they had a Walmart? It is supposed to be a real value for it's price. I have checked repeatedly online and at several Walmarts and it always lists as being out of stock. There is a demo one at my local Walmart and for the money it looks quite good. I don't have the space or the cash to buy a large WS HD TV, but thats no reason not to be able to enjoy HD TV even if it is on a small screen.

LM

jonbsumthin said:
This man speaks the truth, was at Wally World today, 27" RCA HD Ready set for $296, PQ looked good, a little worried about with what I've heard about RCA though, might be a risk that's willing to be taken at that price and 90 day return policy though...

this could be really good for a childs room ( i have two ). it is cheap and is future proof except for the missing hdmi connection.

charper1 said:
1080i/720p HD is HD no matter what. If you say YUCK to a 65" HD RPTV set then you were watching a ridiculously cheap, or horribly calibrated TV or one that had a serious internal malfunction, or all of the above. I have a 65" UltraVison HD RPTV and a 106" HD FPTV, both with absolutely perfect HD images.

Because at least @ 42" or more and I have a true theater like experience (which is what HD is supposed to be about) not sitting in the upper deck, bring the binoculars or squint experience.

I say why would anyone cheapen their HD experience by buying a set so small no one could tell or care less if it really was HD or not? This is almost as bad as people spending $5000 or more on a 40" flat panel TV just so they can tell their buddies they have a "flat panel" HDTV. They just overpaid by double or more for far less size HD than the same 1080i/720p in the other formats.

IMHO

Well, we have a 533HD5 in the LR and 106" HD FP in the basement but for the 4.5 foot viewing distance from my computer chair in the den to my 27" Samsung PRO (480p) direct view set I can't stand scan lines, and since, as I stated previously, a 27" CRT can't resolve 1080 but I HATE SCAN LINES therefore there is a place for TV's like this. And it was $200 at a CC that was closing down earlier this year.

And btw prosat2...Watch out for the Sh!t hawks Bubbles! :wave

If it were not for the low light requirement and the bulb replacement costs of the projectors I would buy one. I know that some do not require low light but they are a bit pricey. Perhaps looking at the cost over a longer period of time of a projector and bulb replacements vs. a big screen that once 10 years goes by the cost would be about the same unless you have the television on for 6 or more hours per day.

I clicked the link to that 30 inch tv, not a bad price for what you get, and I noticed the 32 inch Panasonic as well for $690.00 (usually $828.00). You have to figure in shipping costs for the item as many forget about that. If you can find it at your local Wal-Mart then you would save money on shipping. Can you order the item from Wal-Mart then pick it up at your local Wal-Mart store or have your local Wal-Mart store order the item for you if you prepay for it?

ProSat2 said:
What about the Sanyo 30" Widescreen they had a Walmart? It is supposed to be a real value for it's price. I have checked repeatedly online and at several Walmarts and it always lists as being out of stock. There is a demo one at my local Walmart and for the money it looks quite good. I don't have the space or the cash to buy a large WS HD TV, but thats no reason not to be able to enjoy HD TV even if it is on a small screen.

LM

They don't make it anymore, would be hard to find one, it has great PQ though, great value. Now they make a 28" in the mid 500 range, but they took out HDMI for some reason

Samsung has a widescreen 27 hdtv ready and fully intergrated hdtv....I saw the READY one for about $399 and the FULL for about $599. I bought a brand new on from an ebay store for $329 for the bedroom(full intergrated) and it is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)