RCA 27" HDTV $300 @ Walmart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Hey, saw this RCA 27" HDTV from Walmart for around $300. Its a 4:3 model. I currently have a 16:9 52" RP-HDTV, and all of the HD content is widescreen. So, how does HD look on a 4:3 monitor?

-John

Its about time that the price of these HD televisions came down in price. Too bad it's an RCA.

shappyss said:
when you put it into widescreen on a 27 inch tv it hardly looks like HD anymore. It just too small.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe once those 30" 16:9 TVs come down in price, I might pick one of them up instead...

-John

Actually it looks pretty good. I have a 27" Samsung PRO (480p) 4:3 in my office and since a 27" tube can't resolve much more than that it looks really good when fed downconverted HD channels. Got lucky and picked it up at CC when they were closing a store this spring for $200. Best thing about it is no LCD clay face or motion blur, CRT direct view still rules for a small TV.

I have the Sanyo 30 inch HDTV (with tuner) in my office - it's a CRT - it was around $ 560.- at Walmart. I am very satisfied with it.
Matt

shappyss said:
when you put it into widescreen on a 27 inch tv it hardly looks like HD anymore. It just too small.
It depends on the resolution and how far back you sit from it. If nothing else, the annoying scan lines will be absent. I used a computer monitor for years before I bought my projector and I sat about 18" from it to watch HD and the detail was phenomenal.

These RCA TV's are not HD. They just have a digital tuner built in for DTV reception.

Have 27* Samsung 4x3 Hd set in one of my Campers and an Apex 20" flatscreen sd set in the other... Even when viewing downrezzed hd from Replay or dvds the Sammy blows the sd set out of the water and it has a good picture for an sd set... When hooked to my 6000u you can really tell Sd from Hd on the Sammy....

I am not finding this on RCA or Walmarts website and don't think I've seen one at the store? I think Rebs is right or maybe you misread something

Most of the RCA 27 and 32" TV's will have the digital tuner built in. Getting ready for analog bye- bye.

I have been doing some shopping for a new TV, and over and over again I see people state to stay far away from RCAs. I hear great things about Toshiba.

charper1 said:
What could anyone want to see on an HD set thats under 42" ? Seriously?

I had a 30" and got an unbelievable HD experience, it depends on room size and how far away you are. HD looks great on CRTs. What I can't understand is how anyone would want to watch those horrible Rear Projection TVs, yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)