RCA Receiver Problem

injury

Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
A strange problem started occuring on my RCA DRD420RE DTV reciever about a week ago.

Anytime I hit the guide button on my remote now the receiver loses signal. I can leave it on the guide and the signal comes back and I get the small preview window in the lop left corner back. Or can switch channels and the signal comes back.

If I just switch channels by manually entering them, or by using the go back button the signal stays fine, it only seems to happen when I go to the guide.

I have another RCA reciever (different model) on this dish and it has no problems at all.

Also I happened to visit my grandmother yesterday and hers is showing the same symptom as mine (I believe she also has the same RCA model).

Any Ideas? I was thinking my receiver was going out till I was at my grandmothers and saw the same thing...now I'm not too certain that it's just something with my receiver.

Check your grandmothers model # and see if it is the same. Swap your two receivers and see if the problem follows the receiver. If your granfmothers receiver is the same and the problem follows your receiver you have identified the problem and an indication it goes with that model number. Is it a software problem or aging components in that receiver? Call RCA to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts