RCTV - Venezuela: Any known feeds ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Hi all,
My neighbour's wife is from Venezuela and he wishes to pick up some 'tv from home' for her. Looks like NSS806 {40.5W} is the satellite we want to get, particularly transponder 3880. There appears to be a number of Venezuelan channels on that transponder and it's coverage appears to be fairly good for most of North & South America.

He's having a 10' and a 12' dish land here tomorrow (he's giving me the one he decides to not use ! ). So, we'll start with trying to catch NSS806 ... but here's the question:

Her favourite channel is RCTV, a private station which had its over-the-air broadcasts shut down in 2007 by president Chavez. It is still available on DirecTV and Cable there, probably fed by Intelsat 705 at 50W. I see it was noted on Lyngsat in Nov 2007 on transponder 4126, however it is encrypted with PowerVu and looks like it is probably on a South American spot beam. Does anyone know of any open feeds for RCTV (C or Ku) that can be acquired in the northeast ?

As an alternative, is it available on any internet feeds? I couln't find any... at least not from their home page.

One other quick question. Would an LNBF such as the BSC621 C/KU be a reasonable choice for getting the circularly polarized NSS806 ?

thanks a lot

Newt

He's having a 10' and a 12' dish land here tomorrow (he's giving me the one he decides to not use ! ). So, we'll start with trying to catch NSS806 ... but here's the question:

Does anyone know of any open feeds for RCTV (C or Ku) that can be acquired in the northeast ?

Sounds like a very nice neighbor ......

I think she'll be happy with all the stations from Venezuela even if you can't find RCTV feeds .

Yes, he is one of those great persons that you come across from time to time ...

I'm sure she will be happy with the stations off of NSS806, particularly Globovision. RCTV would be a nice addition, if it's available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)