Any Solar Interference Yesterday and Today?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I began noticing a good bit of blockiness and pixelation yesterday afternoon while watching G3 95W C-Band on my 4DTV. It didn't do it yesterday morning, nor did it do it this morning, but after around lunch time it started back again today.

This evening, I am noticing the same thing on G11 CW 91W C-Band on two different dishes with two different DVB receivers.

At first I thought it was an LNB flaking out on the 4DTV dish, but after the other two, I don't have an explanation.

Anyone else notice anything funky going on?

I have been on 91W C Band for the last 2 hours, I noticed a little breakup for about 10 minutes, about 30 minutes ago, but it seems to be gone now.

Don't know about volcanic activity, but I did see on the news last night there was another small quake around the St. Louis area yesterday, but that doesn't account for Sunday afternoon/evening.

found -my- problem

After all the recent comments, I noticed a similar problem.
Went out back and took a look, thinking maybe a lose RF cable.
Turned out, a tree had grown and was encroaching on my LOS.
We're having some breezy weather, and the problem was quite intermittent.

I pressed the killer limb-nippers into service, and restored my flakey Ku to solid.

Anole, I just had the same problem on Hispasat. Took care of business with the new pole saw :D

You can always tell when its a branch, it moves in the wind and your quality is all over the place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)