Any Solar Interference Yesterday and Today?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I began noticing a good bit of blockiness and pixelation yesterday afternoon while watching G3 95W C-Band on my 4DTV. It didn't do it yesterday morning, nor did it do it this morning, but after around lunch time it started back again today.

This evening, I am noticing the same thing on G11 CW 91W C-Band on two different dishes with two different DVB receivers.

At first I thought it was an LNB flaking out on the 4DTV dish, but after the other two, I don't have an explanation.

Anyone else notice anything funky going on?

I have been on 91W C Band for the last 2 hours, I noticed a little breakup for about 10 minutes, about 30 minutes ago, but it seems to be gone now.

Don't know about volcanic activity, but I did see on the news last night there was another small quake around the St. Louis area yesterday, but that doesn't account for Sunday afternoon/evening.

found -my- problem

After all the recent comments, I noticed a similar problem.
Went out back and took a look, thinking maybe a lose RF cable.
Turned out, a tree had grown and was encroaching on my LOS.
We're having some breezy weather, and the problem was quite intermittent.

I pressed the killer limb-nippers into service, and restored my flakey Ku to solid.

Anole, I just had the same problem on Hispasat. Took care of business with the new pole saw :D

You can always tell when its a branch, it moves in the wind and your quality is all over the place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)