Re-Install questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Hey all....I finally have the LNB installed on my 10ft mesh Channel Master today...couple of questions...first dish pointer online has the info for my Lat. and Long. which I have entered into my Amiko Mini HD...then it has the degrees for elevation for the dish...at 52.1 for the VENESAT-1 , in the pics my dish elevation is 53.0, I need to adjust the long elevation bolt you see there correct???.Next my sat finder tells me I am receiving signal at 99% at the moment but not sure which bird I am on...but on the screen it seems I am not getting good quality or signal strength...I feel I am not too far off from tuning this dish in...help would be greatly appreciated.. sat tuning pics 003.jpg sat tuning pics 006.jpg sat tuning pics 007.jpg sat tuning pics 005.jpg sat tuning pics 004.jpg

Need some basic info first...

Are you installing this as a motorized dish or fixed? What is your install location's longitude and latitude?

What satellite are you first trying to locate?

FYI: The meter will show a reading when you are receiving any type of signal. A properly configured recevier will show you when you are on the correct satellite.

---
Install Menu settings are not correct.

• Select a C-band satellite from the list that you are attempting to find. Easiest if it is near the top of the arc.
  • Set the LNB type to Standard with a LO frequency of 5150.
  • Look at a satellite list chart (www.sathint.com) and identify a C-band transponder that is active with compatible DVBS or DVBS2 programming.

my latitude is 32.4648" and my longitude is -80.9879" according some others that have responded as to my true south sat. they recommend either 81.0W or 78.0W. So trying for either one of these would be ok I feel. And yes this dish was installed before I got it as a motorized dish...I will be putting a new actuator on here soon after I get it on the arc. LNB setting is set to standard...5150....but is my elevation recommendation from dish pointer somewhat correct?

Dishpointer:
Latitude: 32.4648°
Longitude: -80.9879°

Satellite
: True South / True North
Elevation: 52.2°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 187.1°

When the dish is parked at the top of the arc, it should be pointed to true south (magnetic compass reading 187.1°).

I would recommend using a modified declination table. Check out this post by FatAir: How I set the Declination on my antenna
At the top of the arc, the face of your dish will be aimed at 52.2° when the declination is set to approx. 4.7° and the elevation set to approx. 47.5° (52.2 - 4.7)

Bump the dish East to 78w (compass reading: 181.6°) the face of the dish should drop approx. 1° to approximately 52.1°. Place the satellite receiver on 78w C-band and select or manually enter TP: 4048 / Horizontal / 1299. While watching the Signal Quality meter reading. May need to bump the dish East or West to locate and/or peak. If found and Signal Quality reading is peaked, do a transponder or Blind Scan.

Sometimes it is helpful to do a blindscan even if no Signal Quality reading is found. Compare the channels or transponders found to those listed on a satellite listing site.

Reactions: KE4EST
ok I will try with these numbers you have given me....any idea on how to enter the negative number on the longitude into the receiver? will try and paly with the dish some more my next day off of work and see what I come up with. Thx Titanium!

It would be entered as 80.99 West. :)
However, no need to enter all that in the receiver unless you are using a USALS motor...you are not in this case. :)

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)