RE-REcording with new DVD recorders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
First,I want to thank everybody for their help on my last post. Have found out some information on new recorders and hope it helps someone else. I bought the 455 Sony recorder and could not record most newer movies as they were blocked (am using C band) Reading the manual it said that on using DVD-RW set to VR Format you could make one recording of encripted movies. They were right,as I can record all that I have tried to record. (thats the only set up that works) Although this works,have sent off for a Video Enhancer or Stabilizer just in the future things change and the color in my recordings need stablizing.

If you ask the question carefully over on the VideoReDo forum, ya might get an answer to editing and making more copies of your master disc.
Not a question I could answer right off.

But, I have done quite a bit of video editing, commercial removal, chapter marking, and DVD mastering.
Just depends on how pretty you want your DVD to be:
- Some are happy with whatever come out of their DVD recorder.
- I like a slightly fancy menu and I pull out the commercials.
- Others go to great extremes similar to what you'd get in a commercial product.
It's up to you. :)

I think its all ridiculous how there are so many restrictions on dvd recording. I have two dvd recorders and they are all but useless except for our home movie camera.
I have tried to record stuff off tv and have the record function just shut off and bring up a copyright message.

It cracks me up they put all that trashware in the firmware of these units knowing that thousands of hackers have already removed it the day they picked these units off the shelves of circuit city and walmart.

It only hurts those of us who use our units in an honest fashion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts