Re: X1 Questions

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
5. It can be set to only show the HD versions of channels. In my case it only shows the 700s and 800s. I think the setting is Auto Tune HD.

That is how it is now. My dad refuses to use it because it changes channels "on its own." Coming from dish and antenna before that, they are used to locals being on their proper number. He doesn't like that channel 57 is channel 14 and changes "on its own" to 702 and gets overwhelmed. The provided channel listing is extremely confusing so I made them an alphabetical list on Excell and noted which channels will change "on their own" (the channels with SD and HD). I am going to visit tomorrow and check the settings and review this thread. Thanks to all.

Ejb1980... as a new Xfinity X1 user I was having a terrible time finding the channel I wanted. I had to keep using "Search". Like you I made a list on Excell and put it on line so I could use my phone to find the channels quickly. If anyone wants to check it out, you'll find my list at http://www.larrykenney.com/comcast/ - but the channels might not be the same for you area.

Reactions: ejb1980
Thanks again for the replies. Sorry that this thread got split in two!

More questions - I can't figure out (for the life of me!) how to make a favorites list. I have Directv, and I am looking for something like what's in the photo in the next post. There HAS to be something like this. On the old Scientific Atlanta Comcast boxes, there was something similar.

Why is there no local forecast on The Weather Channel? My mom said that there wasn't one on Dish Network and there isn't one on the X1 system, either. It's just the national slides. I saw it for myself. I have a local forecast on The Weather Channel on Directv, I always thought that was supposed to be an advantage of cable - a "more advanced" local forecast. There is a picture of it on the next page, too. There are about 7 or 8 different slides... Current, Almanac, Tonight's forecast, tomorrow's forecast, 7-day forecast, radar, etc.

Pics for previous post.

Attachments

• 1422235567312.jpg
    1422235567312.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 1422235611571.jpg
    1422235611571.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 157
Thanks again for the replies. Sorry that this thread got split in two!

More questions - I can't figure out (for the life of me!) how to make a favorites list. I have Directv, and I am looking for something like what's in the photo in the next post. There HAS to be something like this. On the old Scientific Atlanta Comcast boxes, there was something similar.

Why is there no local forecast on The Weather Channel? My mom said that there wasn't one on Dish Network and there isn't one on the X1 system, either. It's just the national slides. I saw it for myself. I have a local forecast on The Weather Channel on Directv, I always thought that was supposed to be an advantage of cable - a "more advanced" local forecast. There is a picture of it on the next page, too. There are about 7 or 8 different slides... Current, Almanac, Tonight's forecast, tomorrow's forecast, 7-day forecast, radar, etc.

Setting up favorites: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-guide-add-a-channel-to-favorites

Unfortunately, you can't at this time set the favorites as the default guide.

I've never actually looked for weather on the X1, my iPad is usually at hand and I have several apps for that. However it is in there someplace, I've seen weather info on one of the screen savers when I have the DVR paused.

Maybe this: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-weather-app-dashboard

Setting up favorites: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-guide-add-a-channel-to-favorites

Unfortunately, you can't at this time set the favorites as the default guide.

I've never actually looked for weather on the X1, my iPad is usually at hand and I have several apps for that. However it is in there someplace, I've seen weather info on one of the screen savers when I have the DVR paused.

Maybe this: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-weather-app-dashboard

Thank you.

What a long cumbersome process that is going to be to clear up the guide. Will it default to that after it's set up? If it doesn't, I won't bother with it because they will never figure out how to get to it.

The weather I am referring to is "local on the 8's" on The Weather Channel, not an app. Apps are way over their heads.

New question: Is there a "previous" channel option? The only thing I have found is "last" and it brings up about 10 of the last channels you were watching. My dad thinks that "it's none of their business" to put that many channels up and thinks someone somewhere is monitoring their TV watching, so he refuses to use it.

New question: Is there a "previous" channel option? The only thing I have found is "last" and it brings up about 10 of the last channels you were watching. My dad thinks that "it's none of their business" to put that many channels up and thinks someone somewhere is monitoring their TV watching, so he refuses to use it.

Last works as you stated. Haven't seen a previous channel key or shortcut. THEY do know what we watch. Nothing we can do about that. The last list is populated even if he doesn't access it.

The last function makes the favorites issue a non-issue for me. I only directly tune a handful of channels so last works for me and I don't need the guide. Most things I watch off the DVR.

Today, when they power on the TV and X1, there are just three dots on the screen. The guide works, but no channels come in. What does that mean? Rebooting does not fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)