Reading how great Hopper/Joey are, but wife is ready to break our contract!

Tonight, the Joey kept pausing while watching a recorded program, then finally went to a black screen. It would respond to the banner, show Live TV when pressing stop or play, and show -10sec or +30sec when those buttons were pressed. Unplugging the Joey didn't do any good. Had to reset the Hopper again.

Dave

Now on the Joey, when you press the blue App button, a 404 - not found is displayed in the top left corner of the screen and it leaves the Joey hung. Powering it off will unhang it. It never displays the app icons at the bottom of the screen and only shows the rotating symbol for a second or two. It is working on the Hopper that the Joey is connected to, but it's very sluggish displaying the Weather Channel, painting the screen in blocks.

Also, several programs have recorded in more than one segment today, i.e. a 30 minute show recorded as 5, 15 and 10 minute recordings.

Something new every day,
Dave

dmcmurr, your problems appear to be considerably above and beyond most of those reported. I would contact Dirt about getting a replacement. No sense putting yourself through all the grief and frustration.

dmcmurr, your problems appear to be considerably above and beyond most of those reported. I would contact Dirt about getting a replacement. No sense putting yourself through all the grief and frustration.

I've seen others putting up with Joeys that won't even connect anymore. At least mine work most of the time. Last night getting ready for bed I was trying to watch a show on the Hopper. Went to PTAT on the 2nd Hopper and got no audio (not unusual) so I tried to watch another show local to my Hopper. The 10 and 30 second buttons were non functional and the reverse button would go forward instead. Ended up starting the show over to watch the scenes I missed. Had recordings running so couldn't restart until this morning.

The reason I haven't replaced it yet is I didn't want to put up with the frustration of trying to transfer all my 600 shows over if the new one might not be any better :eek:. Right now I don't have an EHD large enough to get it in one pass, so it would take several trips between the two systems to move it all.

I've been tempted to purchase a 3nd Hopper to replace the Joey my wife uses so she's on her own system. Might talk to my local retailer to see if he has any good buys on a DPP33, DPP44 and Solo Node that he's removed from older installations to save me those expenses.

Dave

I've seen others putting up with Joeys that won't even connect anymore. At least mine work most of the time. Last night getting ready for bed I was trying to watch a show on the Hopper. Went to PTAT on the 2nd Hopper and got no audio (not unusual) so I tried to watch another show local to my Hopper. The 10 and 30 second buttons were non functional and the reverse button would go forward instead. Ended up starting the show over to watch the scenes I missed. Had recordings running so couldn't restart until this morning.

The reason I haven't replaced it yet is I didn't want to put up with the frustration of trying to transfer all my 600 shows over if the new one might not be any better :eek:. Right now I don't have an EHD large enough to get it in one pass, so it would take several trips between the two systems to move it all.

I've been tempted to purchase a 3nd Hopper to replace the Joey my wife uses so she's on her own system. Might talk to my local retailer to see if he has any good buys on a DPP33, DPP44 and Solo Node that he's removed from older installations to save me those expenses.

Dave

This is good place to purchase too. http://www.dishdepot.com/

Using dishdepot.com was my plan, but by the time I added all the other three items, my $249 purchase was getting outrageous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)