Real IPTV?

dimitriz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
So I am in the process of cutting my Dish cord by the end of the month and looking to switch completely to cheaper alternatives.

My house is already pre-setup to do video distribution. I have a 4x4 HDMI Matrix in a central room where I have HDMI (+IR) over CAT6 running to every relevant location.

So far I had experience with Media Center dating back to it's origins and have a PC with Windows 7 MCE.

My current content comes from a 30' antenna , so about 30 channels.
TWC is coming out today to get be a basic cable and increase my Internet speed 2x (for same price I am paying now)
Netflix
Hulu (1m trial. I kind of expected Hulu to carry a bit more content then it really has, kind of disappointed as half of my wife's shows aren't complete.)
Kartina.TV

So the only thing I am missing is a live feed of some of the other channels ie. FoxNews and Bravo (4 wife). So.., are there any providers in US that offer normal channels that I can get through IPTV?
I checked into this about a year ago and ran into a provider that was launching such service ... but I cant remember who it was. :(

Help!, lol., before my wife figures out that her shows wont be around to much longer.

The only thing I know of is playon.tv, which is hosted on the media PC.

There are constant rumors of new services. The latest is an iptv package for Roku, but nothing much ever comes from them so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)