reall classy directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guys we got off topic....again

Its been two days and the original poster hasnt responded yet...especially when I asked point blank did the tech show up.

True dat!

Me sorry............I would be nice to see how this deal ends.

Joe

Those are in-house guys, not sub contractors.
Apples and Oranges.

And believe me, I do not live in a big city and I also live in the mountains which mean slow twisty roads.

That being said, your average sub, if they go out and work, keep their numbers numbers up, watch their materials, and stay out of the back charges can pull $52k a year.
The problem is you have lazy SOB's out there there that would rather blow work off and don't do their job which brings the average down.

Now that being said, it still isn't that great of a gig.
I work lots, have a bunch of BS to deal with, I'm 1099 and have zero benefits.

Those are in-house guys, not sub contractors.
Apples and Oranges.

"That being said, your average sub, if they go out and work, keep their numbers numbers up, watch their materials, and stay out of the back charges can pull $52k a year.
The problem is you have lazy SOB's out there there that would rather blow work off and don't do their job which brings the average down."

Kjlued,

You have correctly cited part of the problem.
The other part is the constant turn over caused by dishonest and stupid policies Directv allows to continue. The HSPs balance their books by trimming payments from techs. Most techs take one look at the bogus back charges and just walk away. Who ya gonna call?....Come work on my system but if any component fails we will not pay you!......Yeah right!.......Even though there are no land line phones in the trailer park, we expect you to work for less because you failed to connect the nonexistent phones you lazy son of a bitch!
See what I mean?

Joe

I agree, I have been through a couple companies who have ripped me off.
Sad to say it this way, but it is part of the life.
Been with this company for a 1.5 years now.
I suspect that if it folds, I will not see my last check or 2.
I guess I can say one good thing is every time I had a company fold and rip me off, though, they never reported my income.
So, it all came out in the wash and probably to my advantage.

As far as phone lines go, we are required 40% or we can be back charged.
I usually have no issues of being there.
Last month I was over 60% and the month before over 70%.
Meanwhile, I have techs in my same area that consistently sit around 20% that every month claim they didn't have the opportunities.
Sure, you may have a bad month occasionally but not every month.
And my area has good cell phone coverage so it isn't like everyone has a home phone.

A lot of the back charges are BS but we have an opportunity to roll back on them and fix them ourselves.
Unfortunately, there are going to be times that it is do to faulty equipment and there is nothing you can do about it.
But the majority of them are from techs not changing out fittings or cutting other corners on the installs.

I get a couple roll backs myself a month, but about 90% of the time I can fix it on the phone and the other 10% is faulty direct TV equipment.
The last one I got was because the lady called to complain about the lag between her HD equipment and Standard equipment.
I guess the person on the other end of the phone was too stupid to explain it to her.
So, I explained it to her on the phone that they come off different satellites and there is nothing I can do about it.
Problem solved (over the phone).

Like I said, $52k is obtainable, you just have to know what you are doing.

BTW, for what we deal with, $52k is not nearly enough, but it is a living in this economy.

The last one I got was because the lady called to complain about the lag between her HD equipment and Standard equipment.
I guess the person on the other end of the phone was too stupid to explain it to her.
So, I explained it to her on the phone that they come off different satellites and there is nothing I can do about it.

Funniest thing EVER!!!

How about all the roll backs I get because the customer grabbed the remote, hit the channel button and changed the input.
I then have to explain to hit the top left button on the direcTv remote because customer service was too stupid to explain that.

Or related the "no signal" on the TV because the receiver is either off or in the TV is on the wrong input.

Honestly what happens if you call within a week of the install because they don't even try and figure it out and just generate a roll back.
This then wastes my time and possibly gas.
What is worse, is it wastes the customers time and makes them live without TV for a day when it can be fixed in just a couple of minutes over the phone.

Poor customer service if you ask me.

How about all the roll backs I get because the customer grabbed the remote, hit the channel button and changed the input.
I then have to explain to hit the top left button on the direcTv remote because customer service was too stupid to explain that.

Or related the "no signal" on the TV because the receiver is either off or in the TV is on the wrong input.

Honestly what happens if you call within a week of the install because they don't even try and figure it out and just generate a roll back.
This then wastes my time and possibly gas.
What is worse, is it wastes the customers time and makes them live without TV for a day when it can be fixed in just a couple of minutes over the phone.

Poor customer service if you ask me.

I hate to say this but customer is usually the cause or your roll back not the agent. Had a I get " no signal " call that been escalted to me presse tv input a few times and problem solved. I go back ot listen to the call before I got it as I was annoyed that something so simple could not be handled by an agent. The agent did a good job of explaining everything to the customer. Customer just did not want to do it, kept insisting that the tech screwed up there tv . Now did the tech screw up the tv no , did the agent try and help yes , did the customer really just want to have someone come out as they dont want to take the time to operate there tv yes.

agreed, too much of "the customer is always right" syndrome and they want you to just do whatever they want you to do; and if send a tech back out is what they want; more than likely the will be stubborn and closed-minded just enough to get it.

I hate to say this but customer is usually the cause or your roll back not the agent. Had a I get " no signal " call that been escalted to me presse tv input a few times and problem solved. I go back ot listen to the call before I got it as I was annoyed that something so simple could not be handled by an agent. The agent did a good job of explaining everything to the customer. Customer just did not want to do it, kept insisting that the tech screwed up there tv . Now did the tech screw up the tv no , did the agent try and help yes , did the customer really just want to have someone come out as they dont want to take the time to operate there tv yes.

This may be the case sometimes, but I have no issue handling it over the phone.

Maybe I just know how to talk to the customers and the customer service agents don't.

No it called customers have stupid agent syndrome. Customers wont try anything because they think the agent is stupid.

Some agents are the cause for rollbacks, but most of the time it is the customer who done something and they usually dont say please send out that great teh that was out here it is that sorry @#$#@ tech broke my dvd or av reciever and now nothing works.

There are idiot tech, agents , customers but they are a small small percentage itjust that small precentage that causes all the problems.

Like I said, $52k is obtainable, you just have to know what you are doing..
Obtainable sure. Not very common.
Lazy Techs I'm sure , but Distances, and type of work loads effect your income.
Plus tools,Gas,and last but not least Insurance.

I don't know about you ,But I spend about $2,500 per month on my 8 Employees for medical insurance.
I'm lucky my wife works as Math Teacher, so I get her Medical coverage.
Another $1,700 per month on Workman's comp insurance
$1,500 per year on a 5 million dollar Liability Policy
They Get paid between $12 -26 per hour. 5 of them are $20 +
Not to mention the $1000 per month in Fuel for our 4 Work Trucks.

I've been lucky, I've stayed steady.
This year has been the worst I've seen for profit, But still a profit.

I could pay Each of them as subs and save a sh*t load on Medical and Health Benifits.
But Someone gets Hurt, and I'm F'ed. But they would make more money from me as well, But they would also be paying $600-700 each for Family Medical, Instead of the $200 per month now.

Most Places in NY and NJ won't even let us on the Job without Workmans Comp. Insurance.
So how is it that they Let Dish Network and Directv subscontractors do a job without it???

BTW, for what we deal with, $52k is not nearly enough, but it is a living in this economy.
I agree!

Customers are ill informed on services provided by you, But so are about 75% of my customers.
I'm dealing Hundreds of thousands of dollars when my customers are pissed off. But its part of the job!
You screw up by not call or doing the cheap way out, you should expect to get bitched at.

Still , No excuse for no Call No Show!

Sorry I didn't reply, the guy did show up very late, it was already dark. I asked him to come in the next day since I didn't want him to get hurt on the roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)