Really confused DTV pricing on new service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elektrobot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Hello everyone,

I decided to sign up for new DTV service, because I've had it with our cable provider- Bright House. Used to have U-Verse, then I moved 2 miles, and it's not available here.

I went to the DTV websie, and saw the promo for their "premium" package, 12 months for $89.99, free genie and clients with 24 month commitment....all that stuff.

I added the premium package to my cart, added the genie and 3 client boxes, and my cart showed a monthly cost of $74.99. I thought- great, they want to give it to me for even less.

Then I applied my friends "referral" code, and it took it down by another $10 to $64.99

Then, I started clicking around on their website just to see if there were any other options I might want, and I ended up in their customer service section, and I got a pop-up window that just said "click here to save an additional $5.00 per month!

So I clicked it

My total monthly now shows $60.99

AWESOME!

EXCEPT,

When I click the tab to view costs for 24 months, the price changes by a lot.

The first 3 months are shown at $60.99

Then the remaining 9 months of year 1 show a monthly cost of $105.99

The only change in the billing schedule shown is that a $45 credit for "FREE for 3 months: HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax" goes away.

However, I thought all premiums were already included in the base "premium" package price.

Can anyone let me know what to expect?

I attached a screenshot of the page showing the billing amounts-

Will I be billed $45.00 after month 3 for premiums even though they are supposed to already be included in the premium package?

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 12.00.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 12.00.46 PM.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 187
yes, you are getting a double discount
after the first 3 months you will lose the 45 extra discount and the base will kick up to 89.99 for the premier from month 4-12

The cost is baked into the package, but for the first 3 months they are eating $45 a month as a credit. After those 3 months, you will be paying for the package.

But one of the things that happens for a lot of us is that when/if you call at the end of the 3 months, after that $45/month credit expires, they will make an offer to get you to keep it. The amount of the offer is all over the place but is worth listening to the offer to see if it is good enough.

I have Premier now, and last time I called to downgrade from that I was offered credits for 6 months that made the total bill only a little higher than what it would be with just 2 premiums. And yes, I am still under contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)