Really upset with eBay/PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure many of you use eBay/PayPal to get all sorts of goodies like me. Well, a recent experience with them as really turned me off to them. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Digg - eBay and PayPal: The double teamed scam
Negative Feedback for user jlewis3080

oh yea see PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system! only thing that saved me using a credit card instead of bank debit but even though horrible experience. The process is tilted totally towards paypal. They do nothing but take your money if you have a problem they won't respond and blow you off

Paypal and Ebay are scums. I used to sell computers and stereo equipment in Ebay. One time I sold a laptop for $2000 to a customer and he paid using his credit card via Paypal. I recieved notice form Paypal that the money had been recieved and was in my account and so I wnet ahead and shipped the product. The next day I received an email from paypal stating that they determined that the credit card he used was faudulent and cancelled the sale and took the money away from me. I had already shipped the product!! I called paypal and complained because it was them that accepted the card and asked that they re-imburse for my product and they pretty much told me that they didn't care. Their guarantees and promises mean sh*t. I no longer accept Paypal.

Having bee burned by PayPal too many times, on some items like software, laptops and satellite receivers, I no longer accept PayPal for them.

I use PayPal to only sell realy, really cheap stuff like drill bits and screwdrivers. They will allow anyone to return anything for whatever unfounded reason. One guy wanted to return a NEW $4 Snap-On socket , because he said it was bent. He wanted me to send him $5 shipping, so he can return it. PayPal to him he could return it at his expense. I NEVER heard from the guy, again.

How do you bend a forged steel socket? Snap-On has a full unlimited no questions asked warranty, anyway. The huy must have been crazy. His feedback had numerous complaints of the same as mine.

paypal helped me when i got screwed by a seller, and honestly i prefer buying using patypal, espically with new sellers.

I second that Bob... I have about 300+ ebay transactions all via paypal and the only complaint I ever had against me the guy lost so I can't complain.

I've had about 700 transactions on ebay between buying and selling.

Only ever had one chargeback, on something I shipped to Europe in my early days.

I simply now only send to US/Canada and if the item is expensive - only to the confirmed address.

There is always a chance of chargeback, but it is slim.

I had a $700 chargeback to deal with a few years ago. The buyer made a mistake and finally made it right (I got lucky...and it still was long painful process).

What irritated me is Paypal took the money out of my account without even telling me. I just happened to notice it.

As a seller, you can easily be screwed by a buyer (you cannot evaluate buyer's feedback if they win the auction!)

Now, I understand there is a new policy on Ebay starting in May where a seller cannot leave negative feedback to a buyer as long as buyer pays and item is delivered....how messed up is that!

my only negative was a seller who took a boatload of money and disappeared, his e mail disconnected, his phone just endless ringing.....

claimed he was on vacation......

he screwed so many he finally got delisted:)

paypal refunded all the money instantly he left retliatory feedback i wear my one negative with pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)