Received a Letter Today:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampaD

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
from Skyvision, asking if I still owned a 4DTV unit . It seems that they are looking to buy DSR 920/922/905 units if still functioning, or selling new subscriptions for those who want to keep tnem. Now I don't know how much they are paying, as they want to discuss the matter, but there must be a sizeable demand for them. By the way, I still use mine and am not interested in selling.

They'll give you a whole 125.00 for it. I guess they will. I'll buy any DSR-922 that works for 125.00 all day long. :D

I read somewhere on here that it was $100 for a 922 and $50 for a 920.:eek: Then watch and see how much they turn around and sell it for! Not interested in selling my 920 either. (I still wonder how much they've got in their $130 DSR410's) :rolleyes:

skyvision price

Before i picked up my dsr920 on ebay, i calleds skyvision, they told me they were out of them, and put my name on a waiting list and would call me when they got some used ones in, the price i believe they told me was in the $400.00 price range, keep in mind thats USED! I paid no where near that price!

I got the letter too. For the chump change they want to give you for it your better off to sell it yourself. I think Skyvision took some lessons from the fast talking used car dealers. ;)

I read somewhere on here that it was $100 for a 922 and $50 for a 920.:eek: Then watch and see how much they turn around and sell it for! Not interested in selling my 920 either. (I still wonder how much they've got in their $130 DSR410's) :rolleyes:

I got a 920 with a dead battery. I wonder if they'll buy it.:rolleyes::D

I got a 920 with a dead battery. I wonder if they'll buy it.:rolleyes::D

No they want working units they can pick up for a song and charge more then I paid new ($399.00) for them. Wonder how many suckers they got so far?

They can't get too many suckers since there is just not that many 4dtv receivrs out there.
I would say a lot of them got tossed in attics never to be seen again until someone passes away or moves out and get tossed in the trash.

First I got the email and then the letter. For the fun of it I called them even though I wouldn't sell anything.

They said $35 for a functioning DSR905 :eek:. Sure, I would pay that for one too.

I inquired about the spare DSR410s I have. They said they can only buy in lots from the companies like HITS. Otherwise they can't be resold commercially and be reauthorized. Perhaps they will reconsider when they run low too. There can only be so many of those 8-10 year old units out there with the battery and ID# still OK.

They said $35 for a functioning DSR905 :eek:. Sure, I would pay that for one too.

thanks for the note, it tells me not to waste my time sending Skyvision an inquiry about my 905 since I"m not going to lose about $75 on the deal.

First I got the email and then the letter. For the fun of it I called them even though I wouldn't sell anything.

Heck $35.00 for a DSR 905 It would be nice to get one for that price.

I inquired about the spare DSR410s I have. They said they can only buy in lots from the companies like HITS. Otherwise they can't be resold commercially and be reauthorized. Perhaps they will reconsider when they run low too. There can only be so many of those 8-10 year old units out there with the battery and ID# still OK.
Don't get me wrong Skyvision is a good company, there in it for the buck just like any other business though, buy low and sell high. Even though I bought my 4dtv (DSR 922) from them for $399.00 I think the majority of there prices are higher than average and normally buy elsewhere. They use to offer a great deal on the 4d and they had them new in stock then.

As far as the 410's go if they need them and there's still a market then with supply dried up, they will be glad to give you $20.00 maybe for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)