Received Coolsat 8000HD yesterday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

plimzol

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Got the unit yesterday. I have only turned power on so far. Saw S/W version 11.13.4 A as the unit flashed thru bootup. On Iceberg's post of the 7th, his image of the same screen showed 11.13.8 F. What do I have here? The first unit off the shelf. I downloaded the 11.13.8 sgn file but am having trouble locating the program that allows you to upload to the 8000HD. Would some kind soul shove me in the right direction.

plimzol

Sorry for the last found the loader. However it leads me to the next question; after the download my S/W 11.13.8 A. Is 11.13.8 F a later version? If it is, where does one get the latest factory "sgn" file?

plimzol

Thanks again Iceberg I'm good to go.

plimzol

I'm thinking about getting one of these - can you tell me if it puts out 480i from the composite/S-video outputs while simultaneously outputting 1080i on the component outputs? Thanks.

I have seen the 8000HD selling for $399 with free shipping.....
Whats with the big price drops?
I was thinking of getting a Coolsat 8000HD because of the OTA decoder...
But my Big Screen is about 5 years old and its shutting its self off every now and then...
So I am thinking getting a 50 inch plasma with the great low prices now adays.
So the OTA is no use to me since all the Plasmas you buy nowadays have a builtin Tuner.....................JT

maybe they have enough now...or they're not selling real well
Maybe the facts are out.
I don't need OTA tuner, and so I'm even less impressed with the capabilities.

Or... maybe it doesn't have enough hacker support to drive it into that market? :eek:
(I didn't really care enough to research it.)

But the point is, once you leave the realm of $200 and hit $400, you've reduced your audience significantly.
With cheap FTA boxes for what...sub-$100? ...and very nice ones for $125..150...
You might expect to see a $50 increase to bring the HD satellite reception.
$50 will get you a USB ATSC tuner by itself.
But regardless, $100 add-on should pay for both. IMnsHO *

Of course, if it had blind scan, 4:2:2, and support for (even so much as a user-supplied) hard drive, I'd be writing the check today! :cool:
Moral of the story?
Don't sell a Caddy for Hummer prices. :)

*ns = "not so"

You are very right.........
Most Tvs have builtin tuners nowadays....
I was leaning towards the 8000D with my 52 inch rear projuction tv without Builtin tuner.
But I am having Shutoff problems once a week or 2,,,,I know it will get worst as time goes by.
Its so cheap to get a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma with Builtin Tuner for around $1600 from many legit places on the Net...
Now I think since the prices are dropping maybe in a month or 2 the prices might be around $300 or so..........JT

Of course, if it had blind scan, 4:2:2, and support for (even so much as a user-supplied) hard drive, I'd be writing the check today! :cool:
Moral of the story?
Don't sell a Caddy for Hummer prices. :)

*ns = "not so"

Preach on, Brother. 400 bucks is insane for a box that won't blindscan and 4:2:2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.