Received email from Netflix about household sharing

Traveling is allowed, what happened was Netflix already noticed that the account was being used in two different places (ip addresses)

What if we're both sitting on the front porch of the same house, using Netflix on 2 different cell phones? They've arbitrarily determined that we're in 2 different places and kicked one of us out. That's Bullsh!t.

I am still trying to figure out your logic, that by paying $19.99, it allows you to share it with other family members outside of your home?

My daughter is a member of my household, away at college. Sorry that my kid's Netflix usage affected your Netflix stock.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

What if we're both sitting on the front porch of the same house, using Netflix on 2 different cell phones? They've arbitrarily determined that we're in 2 different places and kicked one of us out. That's Bullsh!t.
But you were not, you are trying to use a hypothetical for a situation that did not exist.

You are in your home, she is away at college, I assume living in the dorms or a apt/sharing a house.

Again, back in the days before streaming, if your parents had cable in their home, does not mean you did not have to pay for it while living at college.

But you were not, you are trying to use a hypothetical for a situation that did not exist.
Actually it did exist. I was on my cell phone, she was at her rental house. They don't know that I wasn't there with her. Your arguments are weak and don't address the very real situations at hand.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
My daughter is a member of my household, away at college. Sorry that my kid's Netflix usage affected your Netflix stock.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Netflix maxed out on subscriber growth in America..they " think" people like them for their content rather than economic value( sharing accounts)..this is going to be fun to watch how many subs they lose

Actually it did exist. I was on my cell phone, she was at her rental house. They don't know that I wasn't there with her. Your arguments are weak and don't address the very real situations at hand.
But they know your home ip address and they noticed where she is using it did not match up.

Or, she took a Roku device that was activated in your home and then used it in the different home, both scenarios would cause what happened.

Clean up on aisle 3. Short vacation issued.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the Netflix situation, but name calling other members is not allowed.

Knock it off.

Reactions: ncted
The problem is that you and your daughter are streaming at the same time...its the only way they could "assume" you are sharing your password

Received email to and bunch of devices come up with screen about household users and verfying, so far are device in NC seem to recognized as household devices, Not sure bout device in NJ house tough. seeing parent own both house they wont like pay more, seeing same people and same house hold.

So far netflix has not charged more on the account as far as i can tell. we have HD 2 streaming once account all these years, have not saw point to get 4 at once account cause unlikely 2 are watch at same time to begin with, with all the other sources of streaming we have

Received email to and bunch of devices come up with screen about household users and verfying, so far are device in NC seem to recognized as household devices, Not sure bout device in NJ house tough. seeing parent own both house they wont like pay more, seeing same people and same house hold.
Netflix does not know who owns what home(s) or care, they only know that their service is being used in two different locations, especially if they are used in two different states, that is a big red flag.
So far netflix has not charged more on the account as far as i can tell. we have HD 2 streaming once account all these years, have not saw point to get 4 at once account cause unlikely 2 are watch at same time to begin with, with all the other sources of streaming we have
They will not start charging you, you have to go do the account page and authorize it as a device in a separate location.

The problem is that you and your daughter are streaming at the same time...its the only way they could "assume" you are sharing your password
No, it was because it was in two different locations, remember he said she was away at college, so different ip addresses.

You can still " travel" with netflix

I'm still confused as to how this prevents password sharing. Per T&Cs the entire households has access to a single account. If one member is traveling, how is that any different than giving your credentials to a friend?

Reactions: Jimbo
I'm still confused as to how this prevents password sharing. Per T&Cs the entire households has access to a single account. If one member is traveling, how is that any different than giving your credentials to a friend?
Thats a Netflix question

I thought for traveling they were supposed to send you a code, presumably to your phone number on record, you would use to authorize that it is you at a different IP address.

Edit: I think the beginning of that process is shown in post 5.

I thought for traveling they were supposed to send you a code, presumably to your phone number on record, you would use to authorize that it is you at a different IP address.

Edit: I think the beginning of that process is shown in post 5.

So everyone can still password share it just becomes a bit of a pain.

This is permitted, as long as the mobile devices were used at the 'home' location (as in, on that wifi) in the past 30 days.

IMO this has been fairly well executed so far, this will drive more revenue than it will subscriber loss, something I suggested previously. We'll see how things play out. Probably tacking $7.99 onto my account for mom's house, a place my kids regularly visit and she enjoys the service. Cheaper than her getting her own subscription.

I expect most of the churn from this will be from people upset they can't outright steal the service or who weren't getting the current value from it anyways and are looking for an excuse to drop them.

Reactions: ncted