Received most of my C-band supplies

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The looks you must get from passers by. :D

The looks you must get from passers by. :D

Yeah, I had to decide I didn't care what people think about it. I tell my friends, some guys like beer, some guys like football, I like both... and free TV. Then they are interested. My next door neighbor thinks of me as a "TV guy" because I set up her DirecTV. It's not who you know, it's what you know ;)

You must certainly have a very understanding wife to be able to place all those dishes where they are.
I'd probably have better luck planting a Boeing 707 in my yard ;)
Actually my wife is understanding and tolerates my one C-band dish as she knows its my hobby.

That's why I have dogs and not a wife :D

You must certainly have a very understanding wife to be able to place all those dishes where they are.
I'd probably have better luck planting a Boeing 707 in my yard ;)
Actually my wife is understanding and tolerates my one C-band dish as she knows its my hobby.

Gee maybe your wife can speak to my wife so I can have ONE C-Band dish as well...She let me have ONE 76cm KU dish and nothing larger. I keep telling her the bigger the better but she won't bite. However, as married guys know, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission so one day she will see a larger KU dish -

Ask primestar about to get away with a bigger dish. Includes spa trip.

LOL!

Get her a gift certificate for a complete "spa day" out. Have a dish all ready to go, (I hid my last one behind the dog pen for a week, so she wouldn't see it before it was installed) and while she's gone to the spa day, install it!

Any issues, just point out that SHE got her gift, and now this one is YOURS!

like someone has suggested a while ago (in a thread about HOA troublemakers), get a 1.2 meter dish and write on it in big characters "75cm".

03C2AA5E-8DDE-4DF9-9C53-63404E35F878.gif

Gee maybe your wife can speak to my wife so I can have ONE C-Band dish as well...She let me have ONE 76cm KU dish and nothing larger. I keep telling her the bigger the better but she won't bite. However, as married guys know, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission so one day she will see a larger KU dish -

raydio,

I have plans in the spring...if my back and wife allows...to swap out my 7.5 foot KTI dish with my 9 ft Radio Shack dish. Please pray for me.

Last edited:
like someone has suggested a while ago (in a thread about HOA troublemakers), get a 1.2 meter dish and write on it in big characters "75cm".

In big characters "2.4m=trip to [name your vacation spot] or your other Compromise".

Reactions: raydio
Titanium 2 of the 4 bolts on the adjustable portion of the mast snapped off and broke yesterday. Do you know what size they are? I went to the hardware store and had a difficult time matching them

thanks

50E35643-3EE0-4629-8F46-E5529928A8E5.jpeg

Reactions: raydio
Sorry, don't recall the metric size on those carriage bolts. Should be printed on the assemble sheet.

I would replace the elevation bolts with similarly sized SAE or metric carriage bolts/nuts and add flat and star/split washers to help deal with the repeated torque when reaiming.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Titanium 2 of the 4 bolts on the adjustable portion of the mast snapped off and broke yesterday. Do you know what size they are? I went to the hardware store and had a difficult time matching them

thanks

View attachment 136346
if you still have the broken bits, it should be easy to measure the nuts size. M8 bolts usually mean a 13mm wrench size (so just a bit too big for a 1/2"wrench), and M6 usually means 10 mm wrench size (fits very loosely in a 7/16 wrench). Those bolts can usually be swapped for 5/16 and 1/4" respectively.

thanks

View attachment 136346

Put it on a polar mount after you get some new bolts that aren't cheap snappers. It'll be a little more work, but MUCH cheaper than a Stab HH120 drive, if you can get a dish donor. Though you could use one of those, if you have $200: STABHH120

Wait, Rick has it cheaper: rickssatellitedishmovers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts