Received most of my C-band supplies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure about the "L" and "R" stamps on the arms. My GSP 1.2 dishes (5 year old) do not have these designation stamps. The angles of the bends appear correct.

The LNBF skew follows the arc. Standing in front of the reflector and looking at the rear of the LNBF, if the target satellite is West of true South, rotate counterclockwise. If the target satellite is East of true South, the skew is rotated clockwise.

The extra washers made a big difference. The dish no longer swings around freely.

BC0EA388-DCEB-41C4-9369-79C6266A4F7A.jpeg

Reactions: k.r. and raydio
Titanium you mentioned something earlier about lowering the support arms on the GSP 1.2m when using the C-Band LNB. I'm planning to do some C-band experimenting today. Could you explain what you meant? Thanks :)

IMG_0589.JPG

Instead of putting the side arm position and through-bolt where it is now (through the KU-band poly clamp), move the side arms and through-bolt down to the next set of holes on the center arm. This lower position also provides clearance for the C-band conical scalar.

Like this?

A80D8000-779D-4123-86AE-8983B0437CDA.jpeg

Reactions: Titanium and k.r.
Hey you were saying you wanted a combo C/Ku LNBF -

Titanium Satellite - CK1S C and KU Combo LNBF
I do not recommend the CK1S for mini BUD experimentation. The unit performs well on most full size dishes, but will provide poor performance on an undersized reflector. Combo feeds are a compromise and will likely provide reduced performance on both bands.

May also have to do with the signal footprint. Being close to the geographic center of the US, I may be able to receive a stronger signal
Thats true. The beam is not very strong at my location but I will try to tweak the lnb at night. I dont know if its true but I have heard that the signal is comparatively stronger at night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts