Received S217 Software Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
Received S217 software update last night on both of our Hoppers. That was quick. It must be a wide release because I never get the first day releases on either Hopper. Didn't notice any changes yet. Any feedback?

Last edited:
I received it too last night. I went from 213 to 217. I wish they would spend some time working on the Blockbuster at Home interface. Nextflix is much more attractive in appearance and use.

Apparently time travel is included as a new feature in the S217 update. :p j/k.

Attachments

• dishhopper2.jpg
    dishhopper2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 337
  • dishhopper1.jpg
    dishhopper1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 314
MikeD-C05 said:
Some one needs to call Dr. Who.:p

That would be brilliant. But I'll settle for the new season starting up in the fall. I really disliked how last season was split up in the middle, but this wait is intolerably long.

Anyone notice they still haven't fixed the channel changing response time? Ever since the 212 update when you use the guide to change channels the response time is slow. Wondering if they are ever going to speed it back up like it was when it first came out? I remember watching the ces video on it and that was one of their main points of how fast it was when changing channels. I thought for satellite it was pretty fast.

Doubtful that it will ever speed back up. With every software update DISH puts out, something is fixed and something else is broken or slowed down , or doesn't function like it used to. Two steps forward and two steps back so to speak. ;) I'm used to it by now and fully expect it. As long as it functions any where near like it is supposed to I'm happy. But, I would love to have ota tuner and manual timers added Yesterday.:popcorn

Anyone notice they still haven't fixed the channel changing response time? Ever since the 212 update when you use the guide to change channels the response time is slow. Wondering if they are ever going to speed it back up like it was when it first came out? I remember watching the ces video on it and that was one of their main points of how fast it was when changing channels. I thought for satellite it was pretty fast.
Is it still faster than a 722?

We replaced our two 722s with two Hoppers and the both Hoppers have always been faster than both of our 722s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)