Receiver & dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

j2kirby7

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 23, 2005
I have some Newbie questions. Are there receivers with 2 sets of a/v outputs (like the Samsung 4700) AND blind scan? Is having 2 sets of a/v outputs the only solution for feeding two tvs from one receiver? Is it feasible to jerry-rig a KU lnb onto a 20" dish (500) along side of a Dish lnb to receive the IA5 sat at
97W and the Dish sat at 119W. Thanks for all help!...j2kirby7

Are there receivers with 2 sets of a/v outputs (like the Samsung 4700) AND blind scan?
I know the older Coolsat 4000 did. I think all Pansats have either one set or a set of a/v and component

Is having 2 sets of a/v outputs the only solution for feeding two tvs from one receiver?
no. You could always use the rf coax out to one TV

Is it feasible to jerry-rig a KU lnb onto a 20" dish (500) along side of a Dish lnb to receive the IA5 sat at
97W and the Dish sat at 119W. Thanks for all help!...j2kirby7

nope. Dish is too small. Would need a 30" dish for IA5

Thanks Iceberg, I'll check out those receivers. I figured from all the discussions that the 20" wouldn't do the job...thought it might be an easy (cheap) plunge into FTA. I have the Dish 500 set up on a tripod and will only be using the 119 lnb for DNS from NPS when and if I receive the rv waiver. I'll probably go for one of the FTA package deals with the larger dish after the holidays.

I recall buying a powered A/V distribution box one time because the old Bell ExpressVu 2700 I had (back when I subscribed) only had one set of outputs but I wanted to feed it to both the tv and vcr. I picked up this little box from the local Radio Shack. One A/V input and 4 A/V outputs (no S-video though).

Just a suggestion. :)

Radio shack still sells those. Otherwise you could use some "Y" cables to split the output. Not the best compared ot the distribution amp (which is powered) but it is a cheap fix

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts