Receiver froze up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yup...on my second unplug reboot now of all my DVRs...question is...what the heck do the other 99.9% of the D* customer base that do not get on these forums do. Imagine the phone lines into D* CSRs today! I am just waiting for the call from mom.

Last time something like this happened, D* implemented a Reboot on all recvrs at some point later in the day.

Found my HR20-700 unresponsive this morning. Did RBR twice without unplugging. Everything is working fine so far. I got the 3D update message, so seems that the software update went through. Current software shows to be 0x3df, updated at 3:27am today.

Found my HR20-700 unresponsive this morning. Did RBR twice without unplugging. Everything is working fine so far. I got the 3D update message, so seems that the software update went through. Current software shows to be 0x3df, updated at 3:27am today.

So the 0x3df software must be the NR and the 3D software on mine was added with the CE last week.

That would be my thinking anyways.

RBR Red Button Reboot did not respond on my HR20. Only thing that worked was unplug X2.

So the 0x3df software must be the NR and the 3D software on mine was added with the CE last week.

That would be my thinking anyways.
Looks that way. From reading posts here it's my understanding that even though I got the 3D message, the HR20 is unable to do this...correct?

Only thing poor about D* equipment is Hemi attitude towards it.
Yep! I'll find many that will agree with me too.
Customers shouldn't have to complete software downloads on their D* equipment. Thats what your all getting paid to do.

Well I charge $65 for a service call, So D* owes me about $75 for today.:p

Last edited:
ok so it wasnt just me then :)

Woke up and the R22 said "record" and I was like "wtf...I had something recording from 5-5:30 but its 8:00.

Unplugged and replugged back in...went through then got stuck on "updating scheduler"...um I dont have anything in the scheduler portion. I have a few things set to record but not series

did red button reset then it worked but whats weird is I got that software thingy for 3D last week. It also shows that the last program I recorded (the 5-5:30 one) shows partial and for 2:44 (which would be when I unplugged it).

weird...

Same thing on my HR 21. I too got the notice about 3D a few days ago. It was on this morning but I couldn't change the channel. No response form the front panel buttons either. I'm on my 2nd RBR right now. We will see what happens. This very well may be the last straw for me. I have been a Direct customers for 12 years. Fios here I come.

I noticed all the banners and advertisements in the program guide are missing. So the guide must of been corrupt like others mentioned.

Got my HR20 to turn on after an unplug reboot, now it won't respond to anything. Stuck on one channel. Wont turn off. Wont change channels. Wont do anything. Try another reboot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)