Receiver froze up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How do you force a software update? Would you be willing to give me some steps to follow?

Reboot and as soon as the blue ring turns on, hit '02468' on the remote control.

That will force the box to download the newest available version of firmware.

My HR21 just rebooted on its own. Still version 0x3de and still as slow to respond as ever. What a PITA.

Yea OK Billing department in charge of reboots.:rolleyes:

Never said billing did there Hemi.

TECH,Case managment, OM , Supervisors ( any department ) , Engineering staff can send down a command to either restart or do a system diagnostics.

P.S. Hemi just drop the attitude it does not do you any good.

Stone - can you find out if they did a software update or just a full reboot?

No software update more of a master reset should clear out the guide data. This is comming from Corporate.

Now is the guide data responsable I dont know to be honest But based on what they said and what they done it looks just like a master reset.

Who knows if DTV will ever tell us the real reason behind this strange issue.

Reboot and as soon as the blue ring turns on, hit '02468' on the remote control.

That will force the box to download the newest available version of firmware.

Thank you!!
Its bringing down her software now, I'm hoping this is the road to recovery!

umm. My TV just turned on automatically. So, DirecTV did that?!?!? I though someone broke into the house.

Wow-- glad I stumbled on this thread! I was *kinda* concerned, but not freaking out... my new HR24 just rebooted on it's own! I've got it on a UPS (which after the auto-reboot I verified the installer hooked it up to the right port!), and there is weather in the area, so I was thinking maybe it was one of those. But now I know better. :)

Thanks for sharing, people!

P.S. And On Demand isn't working either yet after the reboot. Software on the HR24 is (0x3e0, Thur 6/3, 6:47p)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)