Receiver - HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I haven't had any service done for a long time. I know it's time to have my dish looked at again and adjusted.
However, today I was looking on the left side of my HR-43 (I think) receiver and I see that there is a fan behind the case on the left front. It's not moving. Is that a thermal fan that comes on when the receiver gets hot or is it supposed to be running all the time.

I have noticed lately that the receiver is very slow in reacting to the remote. (I use wireless remotes--RC32RF).

Can someone answer my fan question>??

Dave

You probably have an HR34. Since I don't have one, I'd guess the fan only comes on when it's needed.

Reactions: DaveO
Yep, looks like I transposed some numbers.

Thanks.

So can anyone tell me what the current HD receiver number is being issued by DTV? I just have tv in one room but I saw somewhere that it's not too hard to have another room receiver set up now.

Been paying their monthly maintenance forever and maybe it's time to upgrade from my HR34. That's if they have remote control availability.

Dave

So can anyone tell me what the current HD receiver number is being issued by DTV? I just have tv in one room but I saw somewhere that it's not too hard to have another room receiver set up now.

Been paying their monthly maintenance forever and maybe it's time to upgrade from my HR34. That's if they have remote control availability.

Dave
Since the HR34 they have a HR44 and a HR54 as far as DVR'S go., these are all Gen I es and you can only have 1 on your account.
Best Non Gen I e would be the HR24

The fan will only run when necessary based on internal temperature. The Genie line does not run the fan all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)