Receiver Loop Out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
I was wondering if anyone has successfully used the loop out on the back of their receiver to another receiver? I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA for years now and I just bought a new Coolsat 6000 Premium today.
Is there a coax length issue to use between the receivers? I already have 100 FT from dish to house on a motorized system; I just got 75 FT to do the loop through. If I am correct it goes the first receiver out loop to the second receiver satellite in right? Thanks for the help guys! I get the Coolsat 6000 Premium next week.

Should be OK.... remember, the first receiver is the Master and the second receiver will be the Slave, so the Slave will only get the polarity the Master is on...!

I have used the loop out from my Coolsat 6000 to my Pansat 3500 to my Twinhan 102G and finally connected to my BLSA (Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer):D

Cable length after the loop out shouldn't be an issue, unless it is an outrageous length. How long were you planning to go? I use loop out from my Visionsat to provide signal to my Twinhan PCI tuner card via a 10-foot cable with no problems.

I loop out from my Coolsat 5000 to a twinhan, then to a Skywalker, I'd also loop to my Skystar but the Skywalker doesn't have a loop out. I use a 2 ft -3 ft coax jumper between each and it works fine, you shouldn't have any problem.

I have the Classic NA and the loop out going to a Lifetime Ultra.

As long as the NA is turned off via front panel or remote, Ultra has full control of the LNBF and motor. I can watch any sat, any polarity.

I've never tried using them both at the same time.

Last edited:
Should be OK.... remember, the first receiver is the Master and the second receiver will be the Slave, so the Slave will only get the polarity the Master is on...!
Is that also the case in a scenario with multiple LNBs (fixed dish)? I suspect so, but perhaps not with a bandstacked LNB? Depends on what actually happens between the receiver and LNB.

Anyone?

A bandstacked LNB sends both polarities down the cable simultaneously, so loop through from a receiver connected to a stacked LNB should include both polarities.

Maybe this was brought up before.

I have found the LO (Local Oscillator) of my analog receiver connected to the Loop Out will interfere with the digital receiver (and visa-versa).

my analog box wont control polarity. It has to be used via the loop out.

Now if I used an old LNB with the 3 wires for polarity, then the analog box would work fine :)

Hey guys, I just tried to view the same satellite (119* W) on both my Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA and my Coolsat 6000 Premium. The Classic NA is the master, I was on the preview DNFYI channel and had the Coolsat off in the other room but it was parked on 119 Echo too. Turned on the Classic first at that bird and went and tried the Coolsat in the bedroom. Works fine! As long as you’re on the same satellite with each box and turn them on Master then Slave it seems to be no problem here! This is done without any separate wires off my Invacom QPH-031 LNB just set up as the Classic is the only receiver on the motorized system. Thanks to all the help on the question that started this thread! I have been up and working fine on the 75 foot run on the loop out on the Fortec! I also took the Fortec out of line today and hooked the Coolsat 6000 up on the additional 75 ft of coax with a ground block with the existing 100 ft run in. It worked as if I had only the 100 ft connected on it. 175 ft with no noticeable difference in signal strength! So with that, if you have the right cable I guess you can run at least that long of RG6 cable with no problem. I bet that there is someone out there that has ran longer! Thankx again for your fast answers on all my questions so far! This site is the best!

As long as you’re on the same satellite with each box and turn them on Master then Slave it seems to be no problem here!

If you turn your NA off via remote or front panel, your Coolsat will control the dish and enable you to watch any satellite on any channel. Once to turn the Coolsat back off, and turn the NA back on, the first thing it will do is move the dish back to whatever channel it was last watching. That is how I have mine setup and it works every time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)