Receiver loopout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Ok! I have two receivers for my ku 36" dish motorized setup!Neusat HD has lousy blind scan but is HD and a real good pic.GeosatproDSR200c dosn't have HD but has a good blindscan.How do you use the loop function?? may be basic but i guess im still new with some areas of FTA.What i would like to do is use the Geosat for blindscaning and the Neusat for viewing.

Just run a short cable from the loop out on your main unit to the sat terminal on the receiver you want to slave.

the master will power the lnb and select polarity. Blind scan one polarity at a time with the slave rcvr.
To switch between the two, either run TV out to ANT in on second rcvr, then to TV, or simpler yet, an A-B switch.

Seems simple!How do you switch between the two receivers?are both on at the same time?How about an example with the two receivers i will be using.

Cable the dish to the GEOSATpro DSR200c then loop out to the NeuSat. Power ON the GEOSATpro to Blind Scan. Power OFF the GEOSATpro to view the NeuSat.

See Attached Diagram ....

Attachments

• Slaved-Receiver.png
    Slaved-Receiver.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 371
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I have a Pansat 9200, and a Coolsat 8000, that I screw in the cable from the dish farm, to whichever one I want to use. Can they both be connected this way, and have full functionality if only one of them is on at a time?

full functionality if only one of them is on at a time? Only if you have a dual output LNBF and a coax run to each rcvr.

Attachments

• 1rcvrs.jpg
    1rcvrs.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 168
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Difficulty with DVB-S2 8PSK reception.

it's been a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)