Receiver model

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Hello, i,m looking to buy a dsr922 and have been looking on ebay and ran across one that somebody is selling but think there listing maybe wrong about the model their saying it's a dsr 920 but can't tell by the picture but it looks like a dsr 922 because i had a dsr 922 wich was made by motorola, but gave it to my uncle when i got dishnetwork, but unless motorola made some dsr 920's wich this unit on ebay is made by motorola and most of the 920's i saw so far are made by GI any thoughts on this.:confused:

The difference between the 920 & the 922 is the 922 will allow more symbol rates to get a few more channels

If their is a picture of the back of the receiver, a 920 will only have 1 composite vidio out, wile the 922 will have 2 composite vidio outs on it. I would buy a 922 over a 920 any day, for alot of reasons, mainly if you ever hook up a HDD200 to it, with the 922 you can pull up the guide wile you are on a HD channel, the 920 no you can't.

Most 920's are priced well below a 922 on Ebay, it all depends on what you want to watch now or in future and just how much you can spend. If you are after HD then go with the 922, but the question that seem to be asked is if and when will more HD come to C-Band, It's my understanding that ShowTime has already drop their HD channels. I think that why some people appear to be dumping their HD Items on Ebay...think about this before buying!
Myself I could care less about HD, that's not why I have my dishes, I wanted to save money and have more choices and options.

Be aware that both units can have battery problems and if not changed will turn them into door stops.

Last edited:
Got a response from the seller on ebay they now have it listed as 920or 922 they told me that the installer at the time only had dsr 922's so being it's a motorola and after hearing that i would say it's most likely a 922 to bad though the seller wants somebody to pick it up local i live in p.a they live in indiana that would be a heck of a drive just for that.:eek:

Got a response from the seller on ebay they now have it listed as 920or 922 they told me that the installer at the time only had dsr 922's so being it's a motorola and after hearing that i would say it's most likely a 922 to bad though the seller wants somebody to pick it up local i live in p.a they live in indiana that would be a heck of a drive just for that.:eek:

The unit is clearly marked. There shouldn't be any confusion on their part. I just did a search on ebay and could not find it. I even searched on Sold items and could not find it. Can you post the item number on ebay?

The unit is clearly marked. There shouldn't be any confusion on their part. I just did a search on ebay and could not find it. I even searched on Sold items and could not find it. Can you post the item number on ebay?

This is the item#on ebay 160285873678 and the seller is cedarretreatkennels and listed as 920 or 922.

Shipping costs from the ebay listing (twice):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"SHIPPING IS 25.00[/FONT]"

"I will ship and my rate is 25.00 like stated it is NOT FREE."

Doesn't sound like he wants it picked up locally to me. Local pickup is an option, not a requirement.

For what it's worth I believe it's a 922.

Shipping costs from the ebay listing (twice):

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"SHIPPING IS 25.00[/FONT]"

"I will ship and my rate is 25.00 like stated it is NOT FREE."

Doesn't sound like he wants it picked up locally to me. Local pickup is an option, not a requirement.

For what it's worth I believe it's a 922.

Yeah i believe your right i'm watching some other ones also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.