4DTV mailbox message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Last night the red mail light popped on about 10:pM on my 922. Anyone else get a message?

Attachments

• Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 272
I just checked my mailbox I have no messages. Try calling the phone number and see who answers.

Would be nice if it said something like. "Upgrade to the new DSR 924 w/ built in HD decoder that allows you to enjoy all the new HD channels, including the new HBOHD suite in full HD. Megapipe and S2 compatible" :D

Would be nice if it said something like. "Upgrade to the new DSR 924 w/ built in HD decoder that allows you to enjoy all the new HD channels, including the new HBOHD suite in full HD. Megapipe and S2 compatible" :D

That will be the day.

Thats kinda interesting, who do you buy your programming from?

Oh and YES, SVC is the ppv company or at least it was.

This receiver was new in January and after it first mapped it had a message in the mailbox about some 4DTV forum.

I was using both NPS and SRL for providers until July. After the price increases, I switched totally to SRL. I was still thinking about the subscription time I lost when my first 922 failed (when 2 months old) and NPS wouldn't make good on it.

This receiver was new in January and after it first mapped it had a message in the mailbox about some 4DTV forum.

I was using both NPS and SRL for providers until July. After the price increases, I switched totally to SRL. I was still thinking about the subscription time I lost when my first 922 failed (when 2 months old) and NPS wouldn't make good on it.

Right now I have NPS but will be switching back to SRL next month since NPS now costs more. I buy my subs in 3 months because you don't know what will happen tomorrow. NPS never gives money back but if you get a supervisor on the phone they usually will work with you. At least in the past they did with me.

i got that exact message about the upgrade the other night.
I however woke up and pinched myself realizing I still had a dsr-905 sitting on the table. LOL

I did notice that NPS does not offer "FUSE" tv channel and SRL does from the HITS W5 lineup.
I am thinking about switching to SRL next time my sub runs out. Or maybe just getting fuse Alacarte with a couple others.

My 922 must be in some sort delayed mail time warp. Last night at 7:55PM the red mail light came on again with another message.

Satellite K2 now named KZ @ 81°W
KZ sat GE2 Ku now named K2 @ 85.1°W

No resets or anything have been done.

My 922 must be in some sort delayed mail time warp. Last night at 7:55PM the red mail light came on again with another message.

Satellite K2 now named KZ @ 81°W
KZ sat GE2 Ku now named K2 @ 85.1°W

No resets or anything have been done.

Weird, is your 922 a GI or big M?

For what it's worth my experience has been the opposite. A couple of years ago when many channels were dropping their analog signal and not offering their digital signal to BUD subscribers I dropped NPS and bought into Dishnet (I'll never do that again!). When I ditched Dishnet this Spring and went back to NPS they were still carrying credit on their books that I didn't even realize was there. Quite a pleasant surprise.

The last message I got was back in June telling me that if I was using the E2 icon, please delete because they were going to do maintance on it and it would be easier if it was not in service. I was using it at the time, so I wonder if that message only went out to customers that were using E2.

My 922 is a General Instrument and I had it before Motorola bought out General Instrument. All Motorola did was put there name on the General Instrument box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)