Receiver price

Tahoerob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
Maybe StarChoice is subsidizing their receivers and Voom chooses not to subsidize its receivers at this time to keep their operating costs down.

Stargazer said:
Maybe StarChoice is subsidizing their receivers and Voom chooses not to subsidize its receivers at this time to keep their operating costs down.

The only difference in receivers is that the StarChoice one only seemed to have s-video & component whereas the Voom one is supposed to have a DVI.

Robert

I sure hope this receiver is better than the Star Choice receiver. I went to Prince Edward Island, Canada this summer. I spent two weeks with *C the menus were slow and not very easy to use. Plus no DVR.

I swapped a 508 for a 5100 Bell Expressvu (same as a 501). Maybe because I have had E* for the last seven years it is so easy to adapt to. The only thing I don't like is the 44 hour guide and the software is about one or two generations older than E*.

Stargazer said:
It makes you wonder if Voom is actually trying to make a profit off of the systems as well.

StarChoice usually subsidizes the price of their equipment to bring down the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)