Voom promises of 50 channels, price reduction, etc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DarrellP said:
Does it even matter anymore? All the additional channels have just screwed up the PQ anyway. :mad:

DarrellP do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to say? Because I have yet to see a post of yours saying anything positive.If you had Voom and the PQ that bad pick up the phone and cancel it and go with another company.

Not trying to be rude but the non stop whining on anything and everything needs to stop give them time to work on things it's not like they are already doing all they can to keep Voom afloat plus adding in channels that ppl have been asking for plus the impending doom of the satelitte that they are using atm.Just cut them some slack or unsub until they get it up to your standars simple as that unless you want Voom out of buisness then I guess you will have to find another company to whine about non stop.

And yes I have noticed a pq difference since the new encoders went in but it's nothing as horrid as a few of you are whining about.

ECK27 said:
bingo........either these people dont know what good pq is, or we have alot of voom employees saying their picture is fine.

PQ has gotten better lately and a few channels (with the right program) look much better than they ever have on voom (on a AE700 with 106 screen).

Worldsport, Rave and Equator all can look better (with the right show, some look better and some worse) than they ever did on the old encoders.

This thread really thrills me to see posted. A company wouldn't be letting you long standing members know of "50" channels to come, if there was no future for VOOM.

Rawk on VOOM! Rawk!

Value vs. Cost?

richard_rd said:
The grandfathered pricing was supposed to go away on 1-1-05, so no this not not doubletalk, Voom has every right to increase your price that $10 any day they want without warning. We are already on a 90 day free pass with the grandfather status, I wish voom would take it away already so i wouldn't have to hear you people whine about loosing it, LOL!!!!
Actually richard_rd, it’s only a $5 increase, because the cost of the STB would go down by $5. :)
Personally I’m not going to cry over $5, but I don’t think that rate was for a specific period of time. When I originally got Voom, they had recently lowered the pricing to $39.90 and that was how it was being promoted at the time. It was not a “deal” for a period of time, but the actual “lower” rate being quoted for service, at least when I came aboard. But… If it goes up, it’s still worth it in my book for the amount of HD Voom offers. :D

Now let me open another can of worms… :rolleyes:

My decision to upgrade to VaVa Voom is more a consideration of Value than of cost. I picked Voom for its HD content, so I have to determine if it’s worth increasing my monthly subscription by more than double what I pay today (39.90 vs. 89.90) for ONLY 6 more HD channels? (not including Encore, or the 4 duplicates (east vs. west) and without the HD-DVR I can’t even record them.

I’m all about the HD, so even at the higher rate of $49.90 for Basic, do I think Voom is worth it for 39 HD Channels? ABSOLUTELY!
Do I think going to the $89.90 rate for a net 6 more HD Channels is worth it? Still thinking about it… Voom, can you sweeten the deal??? :yes

Cegarrett said:
When I got this install the letter from Installs said that the install fee INCLUDES up to 250 feet of cable to be run and any thing over that would be at the installers normal fees.

Chris,

For a multi-room system, how much cable needs to be run? Right now I have one receiver with seperate cables from sat & antenna to the receiver, then a single coax that gets split to two additional TVs.

If I upgrade to 3 receivers, will they need to run a line from the dish and from the antenna to each of the new receivers?

-John

For Box owners wishing to add a receiver....

Called and asked about adding an additional receiver, and told the CSR that I'm a box owner. Asked if I could lease a second box. Nope--cannot mix purchased box with a leased box. Well, OK. Shoot me a deal for a second box.

Second box can be purchased and installed for $299, and your programming will go up $5 per month, and we won't mess with your grandfathered rate until we change everyone. So I get VaVa for $79.90 and programming on a second box for an additional $5 per month.

So I say, what about the free upgrade to VaVa for new customers, and got the reply that this is really designed to attract new customers, HOWEVER--since I have been a customer since January 2004, they offered to charge me the basic grandfathered rate ($39.90) for two months with my current programming package of VaVaVoom.

They just sold another receiver. I hope this baby is as good as my original one. Installation of second receiver will be cake, since the line is already run. Scheduled for 4/11.

Nayl said:
DarrellP do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to say? Because I have yet to see a post of yours saying anything positive.If you had Voom and the PQ that bad pick up the phone and cancel it and go with another company.

Not trying to be rude but the non stop whining on anything and everything needs to stop give them time to work on things it's not like they are already doing all they can to keep Voom afloat plus adding in channels that ppl have been asking for plus the impending doom of the satelitte that they are using atm.Just cut them some slack or unsub until they get it up to your standars simple as that unless you want Voom out of buisness then I guess you will have to find another company to whine about non stop.

And yes I have noticed a pq difference since the new encoders went in but it's nothing as horrid as a few of you are whining about.

And you know what? I'm sick and tired of you newbies slamming people who know what good PQ is and who are telling Voom that we want it back. All you newbies care about is making Voom another E or D by adding new SD channels which in turn degrade the PQ that we enjoyed before you came along. I support Darryl 110% on this PQ thing. You newbies obviously have no idea what true HD should look like. And if Voom listens to you, we'll never see it again. How much friggin time does Voom need to "tweak" their new encoders? Hell it's been a month now and the PQ still sucks.

Maybe I should have started this in a separate thread, but I still think astrofan had a good idea about a coordinated effort (in another thread) to evaluate PQ...but it won't work with you, me, and everyone saying this was SHI*, that was FANTASTIC! It would have to start with the same program at the same time...with judgements from across the country.

Can a few of us (preferably including the major picture critics, who I hesitate to name...(well maybe not much)...VURBANO AND DARRYLLP...)! get together and agree on a single program to watch at the same time, then report our "findings"? It would help us newbies to learn to evaluate what we see, and might just highlight any abnormalities in what we "expect" to see...

Would anyone be willing to humor me...come on Vurbano...you like analysis too...and I promise I won't go off the deep end again! Vicki :)

ram1220 said:
And you know what? I'm sick and tired of you newbies slamming people who know what good PQ is and who are telling Voom that we want it back.

Just because I only have about 80 posts does NOT make me a VOOM newbie. I did not start coming to this board until the VOOM shakeup started. I have been VOOMin for over a year!

The number of posts does not always equal the amount of VOOM knowledge or the amount of time someone has been VOOMin!

$.02 from a NEWBIE :rolleyes:

PQ looks good from my end @720p

Hey ram1220...WHEW!! Looks to me like we were composing our replies at the same time...I understand your distress, but how about giving us newbies a hand "up"...I don't think many of us are looking for a "hand-out", or wish to destroy PQ...maybe we just don't understand it as well as you more experienced folks. Vicki

Nayl said:
DarrellP do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to say?
Obviously you don't read this entire forum because I posted a positive about PQ yesterday.
I must ask Nayl, WTF are you viewing on if you think the PQ is so damned good? My installation is A+, if you saw OTA or HDNET on my system, your jaw would crack from hitting the floor, I know good PQ when I see it and Voom has not had hit since I subscribed over a year ago. They are always close, but always a couple of Mb/s away from having a jaw dropping experience. Now go watch your little toy and enjoy your lovely picture ;) and report back when your viewing experience matures. :p

DarrellP said:
Obviously you don't read this entire forum because I posted a positive about PQ yesterday.
I must ask Nayl, WTF are you viewing on if you think the PQ is so damned good? My installation is A+, if you saw OTA or HDNET on my system, your jaw would crack from hitting the floor, I know good PQ when I see it and Voom has not had hit since I subscribed over a year ago. They are always close, but always a couple of Mb/s away from having a jaw dropping experience. Now go watch your little toy and enjoy your lovely picture ;) and report back when your viewing experience matures. :p

There are already dedicated threads to discuss picture quality, but you still are not happy untill you high jack every thread you can to drive your point home. Please grow up and use the forums as intended, keep the threads on topic, and talk about PQ in the PQ threads!!! :) :) :)

Oh and if you have not noticed Voom has been fighting for its life just to stay alive over the past two months, how about cutting them some slack for a little bit, or the only sat High def PQ issues you will have to complain about are the small amount of HD channels that DirecTV and DishNetwork offer!!!

richard_rd said:
There are already dedicated threads to discuss picture quality, but you still are not happy untill you high jack every thread you can to drive your point home. Please grow up and use the forums as intended, keep the threads on topic, and talk about PQ in the PQ threads!!! :) :) :)

Oh and if you have not noticed Voom has been fighting for its life just to stay alive over the past two months, how about cutting them some slack for a little bit, or the only sat High def PQ issues you will have to complain about are the small amount of HD channels that DirecTV and DishNetwork offer!!!

:clap What richard_rd said :neener

DarrellP said:
Does it even matter anymore? All the additional channels have just screwed up the PQ anyway. :mad:
Darrell, space has already been allocated for the new channels so this shouldn't further affect PQ. I see what you're talking about with the PQ, but it's marginally acceptable to me at this point and I'm waiting (hoping) PQ will improve enormously once they go live on Rainbow-2. We shall see...

John,

When I got my upgrade the installer installed a new LNB and then a Diplexer from the Diplexer there is one cable to each STB.

Hope this helps,
Chris

If you guys think that vOOM PQ looks as good as other providers, there is something wrong!. If you want to call me a complainer, fine, I will cry and complain till they fix it. And dont give me the same old line to go to another provider if i dont like voom, I love Voom, I just want to have comparable PQ with other providers, thats it!!

DarrellP said:

Oh boy, now it's coming down to mine is bigger than yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)