Voom promises of 50 channels, price reduction, etc

theph0xx said:
In addition they say they have "completed preparations to deliver more than 50 new channels". Some of these they note are the ones we have already recieved. Not sure what count we are at now, but I believe it leaves around 20 more to go. It doesn't denote whether it will be SD or HD.
In the past few weeks VOOM has added 26 new channels. Basically we're half-way and I take it that we'll be seeing a handful of new channels every week during April.

well tomm is another day they usually add seems like tuesdays and thursdays so I guess we will see :)

Here is the letter...

riffjim4069 said:
Nothing in my mail box, can someone scan and post.
The letter is also offering the 2 Months free VaVa Voom Package, but does not state if your price would increase to the new rates, if you cancel after the two months.

It states that if you cancel you will go back to the Basic Voom package that you’ve already been enjoying. What does that mean? Is this double talk for get two months free in exchange for the new rate increase? :confused:

Attachments

• PAGE1.jpg
    PAGE1.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 484
  • PAGE2.jpg
    PAGE2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 336
The pricing is fair IMO. D* charges over 90 bucks for its best package + 5 dollars a reciever + 10.99 for HD pack.

DarrellP said:
Does it even matter anymore? All the additional channels have just screwed up the PQ anyway. :mad:

OK, enough with the droning pq chant. Every post doesn't merit this tired chorus. Check your TV connections.

Things in LA have not changed nor fluctuated during the last months anymore or less than other times. My picture for the SDs measures favorably to any friends, D, E or Time Warner signal.

Is there hope for some more HDs before the end---- of the month?

socalpanman said:
OK, enough with the droning pq chant. Every post doesn't merit this tired chorus. Check your TV connections.

Things in LA have not changed nor fluctuated during the last months anymore or less than other times. My picture for the SDs measures favorably to any friends, D, E or Time Warner signal.

Is there hope for some more HDs before the end---- of the month?
I see you're a newbie, I'll forgive your "Voom bliss" attitude for now. ;)

Some people just enjoy complaining and putting down people who don't whine and moan about the VOOM picture quality with nearly every single bloody post they make. I still maintain these incesent picture quality complainers can turn their attitudes around by simply getting laid more frequently.

Oh, yes, that letter VOOM sent out was terrific and overdue. When I get back from my business trip I'll take them up on their Va Va Voom offer.

How long is the grandfathering supossed to last anyways? I thought it was only good for a year or something like that? They need to have everyone on the same pay structure eventually, and they are making the first step by fixing the different mirror fees.

Just for the record... Voom makes good on their price per room offer,what they don't say is, if a cable run is not already in place to that room, the installer charges for the extra run. $89 in my case . Quess I shouldn't have been surprised, makes sense...just kinda high.

Gotta love tht Voom

NOT a deal for some…

Actually this deal makes very little sense for subs like me that only have one receiver and basic service at the grandfathered rate. I currently pay $39.90 (service) + $9.50 (box) Total $49.40 (no tax)

If I add the two extra rooms and then upgrade to the VaVa Voom package in this promotion, I would pay $89.90 (service) + $9.50 (1st box) + $10 (2nd & 3rd boxes) Total $109.40 (no tax) plus the $49 (installation fee)

I would be better off canceling and then subscribing again. I would end up paying $89.90 (service) + $15 (three boxes) Total $104.90 (no tax) plus the installation is only $1

So this deal would actually cost me $5 more a month plus the installation fee. NOT really a deal after all, at least not for me. :(
I recommend that everyone review everything carefully before making that call, to determine if this deal is right for you.

Voom4Me said:
If I add the two extra rooms and then upgrade to the VaVa Voom package in this promotion, I would pay $89.90 (service) + $9.50 (1st box) + $10 (2nd & 3rd boxes) Total $109.40 (no tax) plus the $49 (installation fee)

I would be better off canceling and then subscribing again. I would end up paying $89.90 (service) + $15 (three boxes) Total $104.90 (no tax) plus the installation is only $1

I believe the new deal is 89.90 + 5 + 10. They changed the rental fees from $9.50 to $5 with no mirroring fee. So, the only difference is the $49 install fee vs $1 install fee. Don't take my word for it, it means nothing, call to make sure! :)

-John

DarrellP said:
So we (grandfathered) pay $10 to save $9.50, now that makes economical sense.

Not quite.

The programming fee goes up $10.
Box rental fees go down to $5 (save 4.50 per box)
Mirror charge goes to $0 (save $5.00 for each box except the first).

So...

1 box = Extra $6.50 per month
2 boxes = Save $4 per month
3 boxes = Save $13.50 per month
etc...

Makes sence if you have more than one box (of course, assuming my math is accurate and that the first box goes down to $5 rental -- see previous post).

-John

Voom4Me said:
Is this double talk for get two months free in exchange for the new rate increase? :confused:

The grandfathered pricing was supposed to go away on 1-1-05, so no this not not doubletalk, Voom has every right to increase your price that $10 any day they want without warning. We are already on a 90 day free pass with the grandfather status, I wish voom would take it away already so i wouldn't have to hear you people whine about loosing it, LOL!!!!

I'm a little confused about the current $5.00 per receiver charge anyway.
I took the $1.00 install and two receivers (my main receiver and one for the bedroom). I'm charged $5.00 each for the two receivers ($10.00 total) plus the price of the plan. Or is one of the receivers included in the plan and only the extra bedroom receiver is charged at $5.00??

when I called and ordered the 3 rooms(upgrade) for $49 I got lucky. I got the three new receivers for $5 more a month and my original receiver stayed at $9.50 when I called to ask about this I was told that if they changed my original receiver to $5 then I'd have to pay $49.99 for voom service(instead of 39.99). I decided to save that .50 a month and understand that if I change my programming in the future I'll lose the discount.

When I got this install the letter from Installs said that the install fee INCLUDES up to 250 feet of cable to be run and any thing over that would be at the installers normal fees. So when the installer Arrived I had everything ready including a string to pull the cable through the wall for him. He told me he'd have had to charge me $40 per jack if I hadn't done this.

Hope this helps
Chris

DarrellP said:
Or maybe some of us just know what a good picture really looks like.
bingo........either these people dont know what good pq is, or we have alot of voom employees saying their picture is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)