New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was NOT complaining... I was saying I have not seen any problems that others are describing....

IN all fairness, if you've been around here for a while Voom has been "tweaking" most of the time. Some of us are getting tired of over a year of tweaking.

Great addition. When do we expect to see Fox Sports Regional (Southwest) and PBS Kids (not the same as PBS HD... I think)?

All I know is that the addition of Noggin means I can cancel directv finally.. I've just saved $50/mo with the simple addition of one channel.

zombie said:
All I know is that the addition of Noggin means I can cancel directv finally.. I've just saved $50/mo with the simple addition of one channel.
Although I am optimistic, I would wait until VOOM breaks away from CVC and announces their funding source(s) prior to terminating your D* subscription. We should know something in...oh, say two weeks. :D

tee10tan said:
Great addition. When do we expect to see Fox Sports Regional (Southwest) and PBS Kids (not the same as PBS HD... I think)?

Isn't PBS Kids OTA, here is Massachusetts PBS World, Create, and Kids is OTA 44-1,2,3,4.

The addition of Noggin has help me get rid of Time Warners digital channels. I kept their Lifeline channels to get locals until I get upgrade antenna from Voom.

With only 10 days left and no announcement I will be happy if we make it to next month.... If on April 2nd and I am still VOOM'in then I will ask customer service for more HD channels....

Here's what I'm hoping for...soon.

I hope (beyond Dolan announcing vague financing/support and Voom just 'surviving' through next month) that the announcements we get come end of March or beginning of April are more holistically positive and exciting than we might think.

The give'em hell attitude I could see Chuck and his new partners having and their thankfulness for the 'true believers' might end up with a very agressive stance and the pushing forward of the DVR/AMC6/MPEG4,etc. timelines. Think of them giving the biggest finger salute to the old naysaying ranks...beautiful.

Hoping.

I remember reading that it's up to the local PBS member station if they multicast PBS Kids or their other channels (like PBS You for continuing education). On the plus side, they are all up in the clear if you have a Ku-band dish and a DVB receiver.

-Dan

I get PBS HD and PBS Kids in digital via OTA... Both are crystal clear! The HD PQ is simply awesome!!! :)

LunkHead said:
I get PBS HD and PBS Kids in digital via OTA... Both are crystal clear! The HD PQ is simply awesome!!! :)

I should mention there are 2 PBS stations in the Boston area, 1 has the SD and HD feed, and the other has the 4 SD feeds. I get a 3rd PBS station from Rhode Island with 1 SD feed all OTA.

Great news...I can't wait to see what is is...!!!

What's amazing is that Voom's website still doesn't have the latest channels up in thier lineup...go figure!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts