New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

roachxp said:
ESPN already stated VOOM is not on the list. Check out AVS's main page on the article on HDTV and cable.
They also stated that DirectTV was on the launch list and it was a fiasco ;)
There is no reason why VOOM can't get ESPN2-HD now. It is available to any provider that wants to pay for it.

roachxp said:
Isn't PBS Kids OTA, here is Massachusetts PBS World, Create, and Kids is OTA 44-1,2,3,4.

PBS Kids, PBS HD, PBS You, etc. are all available OTA if a local PBS affiliate broadcasts in digital television (DTV) and wants to carry them as digital multicast "sub-channels". That is the main reason that cable and DBS don't pick up more of these as "basic", or whatever - they're allowing the local affiliates to carry these themselves. Surprisingly, though, the FCC has already ruled that MSO's (in particular) do not have to carry more than one digital multiplex of a local affiliate who may have, say, four or five multiplex "sub-channels" going.

Decoding Scott's hints....

Scott Greczkowski said:
More HD is coming and SOON. (Tick Tick Tick)

Pub members should check out the pub forum for a wealth of information. :)
Scott gives great hints. I am trying to decode this one....

"Tick Tick Tick" --- Hmmm.... my guesses are too wild here to say what I think.

"Wealth of information" --- WealthHD channel? I have never seen this channel, only read about it in this forum.

Anybody else wanna take a shot at this?

I have a question. Why did tivo and Wirns provide channel numbers for 3 NBC stations to their guides? Yet these channels have not appeared on VOOM as of yet? Does anyone have a clue as to why this was the case???? Are they just trying to "tease" those of us in "No OTA Reception Land?"

:what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)