New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

Just saw NOGGIN added but says 'no info'. Anyone know if we will get this as part of the standard package or do we have to upgrade pacakges to get? They have just allowed many parents I know to be able to switch now...(if it's standard).

'No info' just means it hasnt updated on your box yet. And its on the standard package.

Just wondering. I'm having my Voom install today, will the initial software download/activation give me the new channels or is this a multi-stage/multi-day process?

I'm a Comcast subscriber, and have been following Voom on these boards for the last couple of months. Comcast sucks for HD outside of locals. We only have INHD, ESPNHD, PBS HD and HBOHD, Starz!HD, Showtime HD and Cinemax HD. We don't even get Discovery HD which I REALLY REALLY want. They're not going to add much of anything anytime soon, but I wouldn't consider switching to Voom until they add NESN and FSN New England to their lineup. I'm not going to lose out on watching the Celtics or Red Sox so I can get more HD even with as much as I want every channel I watch to be HD.

By the way, everyone that wants INHD and INHD2, stop hoping for it. It'll be just another channel taking up bandwidth that sucks. I thought INHD was cool when I first got HD about 3 months ago, but now it just has Flugtag (and other unwatchable shows like women's surfing competitions) on all the time. INHD2 isn't as bad, it has more concerts, movies and nature programs (Disc HD type stuff), but we don't get that either (gave it up to get CBS HD).

Having an HD DVR would be nice as well since I have one now that only costs me $9.95/month. I will also be getting 103 Sox games in HD this year, sure would hate to miss out on that if I switched.

Shane, all should be available within the first (maybe second) reboot, I'd say an hour or less, from first boot.

Addicted2HD said:
Comcast sucks for HD outside of locals. We only have INHD, ESPNHD, PBS HD and HBOHD, Starz!HD, Showtime HD and Cinemax HD.
If you have four premium movie channels in HD, you should consider yourself lucky. Except for VOOMers, few people have that. Of course, if you want lots more, there's VOOM.

compson said:
If you have four premium movie channels in HD, you should consider yourself lucky. Except for VOOMers, few people have that. Of course, if you want lots more, there's VOOM.

I wouldn't call what Voom is giving us now as HD. My progressive scan DVD player looks much better than Voom's HD right now.

"My progressive scan DVD player looks much better than Voom's HD right now."

I could post a screenshot later tonight that would disprove that. It's easy to make blanket statements like that, harder to prove that everyone is experiencing what you are.

By the way, everyone that wants INHD and INHD2, stop hoping for it. It'll be just another channel taking up bandwidth that sucks. I thought INHD was cool when I first got HD about 3 months ago, but now it just has Flugtag (and other unwatchable shows like women's surfing competitions) on all the time. INHD2 isn't as bad, it has more concerts, movies and nature programs (Disc HD type stuff), but we don't get that either (gave it up to get CBS HD).

It beats the hell out of the Divine channel. I loved INHD, HDnet and most of all the NBA and my FSW.

How are they planning to offer CNN International in the United States on VOOM? Is there a new transponder to bounce it off of, since the December shutdown of CNNfn took CNNI out with it? RSVP. :0)

SpeargunHDTV said:
How are they planning to offer CNN International in the United States on VOOM? Is there a new transponder to bounce it off of, since the December shutdown of CNNfn took CNNI out with it? RSVP. :0)
"Planning to?" CNNi is already here! Started on Voom a few days ago. I have no idea how the signal gets here.

Great News...but I have a question

Hello,

I just got Voom, and this makes the second big ''channel add'' that has taken place.....super happy about that, esp VH-1 classic....Mtv 2 as well, I'm a huge MONSTERS HD fan, and what I'd really like to see added is OUTERMAX and SHOWTIME BEYOND.

But what i'm seeing is that it looks like the only place to get those is on cable tv, I don't see them carried on either of the 2 large DBS satellite providers last time I checked.

Why is this ? Is it possible that a few of these premium channels are contractually available to cable only ? You would think satellite wouldn't want to have ''missing channels'' in the premium packages vs cable.

In case they are available, and someone from Voom is reading this : Get the remaining premium channels on, esp the two mentioned above.....and I then be able to justify purchase of the VA VA VOOM package.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this awesome forum, and the people who run it.....and to all at VOOM, of course !

Showtime Beyond is worthless if it's not HD. If I wanted more SD channels I would have gone with DirecTV or Dish. But I'm a VaVaVoom customer and want more HD.

ESPN2 HD, INHD, HDNET, HD PPV, or maybe some major networks over Satellite but PLEASE no more SD. I wouldn't mount a dish and antenna on my freakin roof if I wanted that crap. Take away 200 SD channels to free up bandwidth for 20 HD channels and i'll be happy.

Start sending the music channels in 5.1 instead of stereo. That would be nice too....but the more SD they send...the less of the good stuff we will receive.

HDFreud said:
Thanks Walter, but they how could they add additional HD today and how many. I thought that we were maxed out on Rainbow 1.
They'll get at least one HD slot April 1st when EncoreHD fades into oblivion.

I'd also like some insight into Voom's current bandwidth utlilization. Anyone?

ram1220 said:
I wouldn't call what Voom is giving us now as HD. My progressive scan DVD player looks much better than Voom's HD right now.
Are you for real? Looks great on this end. Either your TV or your eyes.

Addicted2HD said:
I'm a Comcast subscriber, and have been following Voom on these boards for the last couple of months. Comcast sucks for HD outside of locals. We only have INHD, ESPNHD, PBS HD and HBOHD, Starz!HD, Showtime HD and Cinemax HD. We don't even get Discovery HD which I REALLY REALLY want. They're not going to add much of anything anytime soon, but I wouldn't consider switching to Voom until they add NESN and FSN New England to their lineup. I'm not going to lose out on watching the Celtics or Red Sox so I can get more HD even with as much as I want every channel I watch to be HD.

Having an HD DVR would be nice as well since I have one now that only costs me $9.95/month. I will also be getting 103 Sox games in HD this year, sure would hate to miss out on that if I switched.

I just signed up for Comcast for the RSN in HD since VOOM doesn't offer them. I signed up for BASIC, no extended basic, plus Digital classic and a HDTV reciever all for about $20 a month plus $60 for VOOM and that all I need to keep this Voomite happy :p NESN-HD, FSNE-HD, INHD, I wish HDnet was carried.

1080iBeVuMin said:
"Planning to?" CNNi is already here! Started on Voom a few days ago. I have no idea how the signal gets here.

I don't doubt that VOOM is airing CNNI. I'm just perplexed as to WHERE they're getting it from, unless they're allowed to use Canada satellites to receive it in the USA.

Is there anybody with up- or downlink info who could tell me where the CNNI feed for VOOM may be coming from, and whether cable systems may be able to carry it, too? RSVP. :0)

SpeargunHDTV said:
Is there anybody with up- or downlink info who could tell me where the CNNI feed for VOOM may be coming from, and whether cable systems may be able to carry it, too? RSVP. :0)
CNN made a push when CNNfn went off the air asking providers to pick up the CNNi feed in its place. It is available to systems that want it.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts