New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

I'd recommend against holding your breath for those Comcast SportsNet channels.

You know what. They more they add SD or HD, it just makes them a more viable company. Question though? Where does the bandwith come from? Sorry if questions is repeated, but it looks like they working towards adding what they said they would and I don't remember re: remaining capacity on Rainbow 1.

Way to go Voom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Voom installer is at my house right now. My daughter is watching Noggin on cable. I was worried I was going to have to tell her see couldn't watch that channel anymore. Thanks Voom.

HDFreud said:
You know what. They more they add SD or HD, it just makes them a more viable company. Question though? Where does the bandwith come from? !!!!
Migration from Rainbow-1 to AMC6 which has more transponders
Migration to MPEG4 which essentially doubles capacity

Thanks Walter, but they how could they add additional HD today and how many. I thought that we were maxed out on Rainbow 1.

I am in TV Heavan

All i can say is Awesome Voom i Love You , You Keep getting more Beautiful

Why are the trolls so quiets. Voom has reigned in on their parade adding 15 channeles in less than a month. I love BBC America, and with MTV2, Cnn INternational, oh my god is l ife sweet. The only problem is it is tough to leave the house to go out weekends. Vooming is replacing girls as the number one source of entertainment.

Thank You Mr Dolan, We love you and love Voom , Thank You

I saw a $50000.00 blow up doll on HBO the other night, might try that, then you could have Both types of entertainment.

i'm really glad i'm seeing these channels added. Alot like mtv2, noggin wheren't on the original channel list that was released back in january, and neither was fox sports west, maybe this will be added also if they do rsn's hehehe

Now imo the only things left they need to add are RSNs, a PPV channel for fights, boxing, etc, and WGN which looks to be on the horizon. I'm still content with the HD, channels, they have tons more then any one else. Kick Ass Voom

David Dietzel said:
Great news!

Sure, we all want more HD, but VOOM is doing exactly what it needs to do to woo away Dish and Direct subscribers -- and that is add as many SD channels as they can so that the masses will really have little excuse for not switching because channel XYZ was missing.

Now what will be slowing switchers is the lack of a DVR unit. Many Direct and Dish folks have a SD-DVR and once they get used to using it they love it and won't give up their DVR.

Doggone it, VOOM, get that HD-DVR unit into COSTCO and let people buy it with a big rebate after signing up for service and free install. For example, buy the DVR at Costco for $489 and get a $200 rebate when siging up for basic service, or a $400 rebate if you take VaVaVoom for 12 months. The Dish 921 is at Costco for $489, so VOOM should match it or beat it in price -- throw in the rebates and folks will flock to VOOM like bees to honey.

Next, add five channels of HD Pay-For-View and price the movies at $3.99. Folks will use their HD-DVR to buy and record the shows and you'll have a new and needed revenue stream.

Now, add SD locals and HD nationals. Move the SD locals to HD in time for the holiday shopping season.

VOOM has the potential to rule the world. Dish and Direct are dicking their customers around and dragging their HD feet -- 2005 is a HUGE window of opportunity for VOOM -- lots of sub $999 HD sets will be on the shelves by Thanksgiving and a VOOM brochure should come inside every box.

Thanks Charles Dolan - you are now officially on my Christmas card list.

And, the kids love NOGGIN.

$489 for their first HD DVR unit, dream on. With the state of HD going Mpeg4 at a very bad time for Voom, I'm betting they will be buggy and costly but that's just my OP.
But that is what would give me some incentive to move to Voom would be stabiltiy and a unbuggy HD-DVR at a decent price but all this should about bankrupt Chuck.

sprintcarcrazy said:
I saw a $50000.00 blow up doll on HBO the other night, might try that, then you could have Both types of entertainment.

5000.00? What does she....er...it do? Sing & dance?

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are the next additions!

Why does the latest news link go to the 6 previous channels that were added thread???

Keep up the awesome work VOOM!!!!!!!!

Personally, I am not thrilled with any of this week's new channels because they are SD. But if they excite the rest of you, I am very glad that Voom added them, especially if the new channels make Voom more attractive to new subscribers to keep this ship afloat!

My time to celebrate will come when new HD channels are added, or when SD channels turn into HD channels, and especially when the DVR comes out! :yes

GO CHUCK!
GO VOOM!

Big thumbs up on BBCA, MTV2 and VH1 classic, forgot how much I missed VH1C. Would I have liked more HD? durr of course, but these additions do add value, imo at least.

I tell you what....now that VOOM added these ch's ...Im really considering droping Directv and going with VOOM all the way. I just want the April 1st deadline to pass and some concrete answers to whether or not VOOM is around for good. Adding these ch's helped all families with kids accept VOOM into their homes ....and thats a big deal.

THANKS VOOM FOR CNN INTERNATIONAL:

Now I am getting news. I feel like I've been in a kind of "news blackout" with just CNN (which has become the entertainment news channel) and MSNBC (which has become anything but a news information channel). Of course we have the fake news channels; Comedy Channel's "Daily Show and Fox News. Now I'm getting World News I don't see on CNN or local channels. It's nice to see what is happening in the other 99% of the world.

THANKS AGAIN VOOM!

Yup sd channels were needly badly still would like to see a few more that do not have a hd stream on them.Get more subs onto Voom then they can starrt adding what we really want which is HD but most important thing atm is for them to grow there customer base and that meant adding alot of the sds

If Voom were to add Newsworld International and / or EuroNews, I'm back to Voom. I am really impressed with what Voom has been doing lately. I get the feeling the only reason History Channel International isn't available already is because Voom wants to negotiate the contract to include the Military History Channel and the Crime and Investigation Network. Lifetime was probably delayed because LRW was included in the deal. I REALLY hope that's the reason because my dad would LOVE MHC and I REALLY want Crime and Investigation Network.

For those of you wondering, Crime and Investigation Network is planned by A&E. It's already available in Australia, so I don't think it would take too long to get it over here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)