Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotBrad

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
oregon Coast
Hi All,

I've got a quick question. I'm on the board of a local golf club and we've got a direcTV account that we've had for several years. The account is so old that (according to them) is has none of the common packages and we own all the receivers.

We want to add an HD receiver and remove two of the SD ones. In speaking with DTV customer service I've discovered the following;

1. We own all of our receivers and according the DTV we can sell, junk them or whatever.
2. To add a new HD receiver they will charge us a one time fee of $99 dollars for it BUT it requires a new 2-year commitment.
3. Even though it is a new commitment they won't offer any of the normal incentives (NFL ticket, etc...).

So now my question is do we *have* to go that route for the new HD receiver OR can we simply purchase one and pay the additional service charge for HD?

It seems as though the 2-year commitment is required for the special price on the new receiver and since there is no real incentive other than that, I'm wondering why bother to get locked into another contract since the price for the receiver really doesn't reflect that large of a discount over what's available from third parties.

Side rant: They're happy to give me a $300 plus discount to stay but yet won't give me the free NFL ticket package that is priced at approximately $240 that a new two year commitment would normally get... Who comes up with these package rules?

Anytime you add advanced equipment, like hd, it incurs a new two year commitment. IF you can find an owned box, then there would be no additional commitment, but the monthly charges would be the same. Make sure to get the RID from any box you are considering buying before you buy it and check with the access card department to make sure it's really owned and not leased.

You need a box for commercial accounts and you will need a dish upgrade. It's not going to be that simple. You can buy the box off solid signal but it's going to require a 2 yr ext as well.

I know in my hotel I get free NFL package in public areas. Is called Direct Tv for business.
But they do not include it in the rooms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)