Receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello everybody just have a quick question for you. I have some friends who are DirecTV customers who are sight impaired. My question is this is there a way to make the print larger on the screen such as the guide or program information? if it is a way to do so how would they go about doing it? Thanks in advance and have a good day

Sent from my Z932L using the SatelliteGuys app!

none that i know of

heck if many people had thier way it would be smaller to get more info on it

Other than buying a larger TV, no.

Many people want them to move the guide from 1 1/2 hours, to 3 hrs, which would be fine with me, but not really necessary afaik.

3hrs of info would make the guide print smaller, about half if they keep the same format.
They could always redue the guide to have more usable space ...
Many want ICONs on the screen instead of channel names, which I think is ridiculous ... now if your gonna put both, thats fine, but icon only ... no way.

Thanks guys. For some viewers with limited sight it would be cool if you could have a sight impaired guide, but I know that is not the norm. When I had DirecTV about 5 years ago even with a 42 inch LCD I had issues with it. I'm very sight impaired so I just stuck to the channels I liked and had my favorite shows memorized or had my ex wife set up DVR timers for me.

Thanks guys. For some viewers with limited sight it would be cool if you could have a sight impaired guide, but I know that is not the norm. When I had DirecTV about 5 years ago even with a 42 inch LCD I had issues with it. I'm very sight impaired so I just stuck to the channels I liked and had my favorite shows memorized or had my ex wife set up DVR timers for me.

I'm sure that you've already thought of this, but, what about getting a guide on your iPad through the Directv App or something similar. In doing so, you could then use a magnifying glass to see what the guide said. It is not a perfect option, but it would at least be one that the visually impaired could see.

Hello everybody just have a quick question for you. I have some friends who are DirecTV customers who are sight impaired. My question is this is there a way to make the print larger on the screen such as the guide or program information? if it is a way to do so how would they go about doing it? Thanks in advance and have a good day

You can have it in any color you want as long as it is black.

Seriously, the current Guide has no presets for fonts or screen colors.

When I looked up Voice Guide, it talked about using the Directv App and explained how to use it ....
This is not what you were talking about ?

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4073/related/1

Only other reference I saw with D* Voice was on HR54's ...
I doubt she has a 54, I would have thought that would have been mentioned if that was the case.

The talking guide is a feature on the receiver that reads the guide out loud. I have a HR44 and it's been on there for a while.

Attachments

• 1478217142896.jpg
    1478217142896.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)