Receiver Questions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Good afternoon everyone! I have a few questions to ask and figured I would do it in one thread instead of starting multiple topics.

I currently have two receivers (HR34-700) and (HR24-100). I guess my (HR34-700) is now considered a "genie" and not the "Home Media Center" which I think what it was called when I first got it.

1) Are there any features I am missing from my (HR34-700) that I could get with a newer Genie?

2) Can I watch two different channels from only one of my receivers? Like using HDMI output to one TV and a component to HDMI converter to a second tv.

3) Is there anyway to get picture in picture to be side by side but stretch both pictures across the full size of the tv? An example from the directv site on the Genie page.

4) Are there any 4k channels offered right now?

5) Is the only way to get ESPN Goal Line is to add the Sports Pack?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for any help!

5) DirecTV and Disney (ESPN's parent company) have announced that the satellite company's customers have finally gained full, unbridled access to WatchESPN and other live streaming apps from Disney. DirecTV customers, and the companies note that ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater will be available "when those channels are in season." Just as with other providers, you'll have to enter your DirecTV account credentials before you're authenticated and allowed to take full advantage of WatchESPN.
You can use that.

1) speed

2) nope, all outputs show the same thing

3) not sure, never tried

4) only VOD, you would need a 4k mini genie or a tv hooked up via rvu

5)not sure

1) the only (currently) newer genie is the HR44. your reciever is functionally identical except for the integrated wifi antenna that the HR44 has. however a wifi deca or broadband deca can remedy that. IOW if your connected to the internet currently, you're not losing anything by not having a HR44. however, as mdram said, the HR44 is generally (but not always) faster.

2) nope.

3) no. as the 1080 format is set for a horizontal orientation, even if you COULD do that you'd essentailly be losing half the picture on each show anyway because you'd have to crop each video steam, rendering the whole point kinda moot.

4) nothing worth bothering with. both methods of watching 4k VOD content are ultimatly kinda sluggish and not at all a good experiance.

The link is for the ESPN College Extra channels, 788 - 799, but the question was for ESPN Goal Line, ch 615... but the answer is still yes, you must get the Sports pack to watch either product on TV.
Thanks to everyone for the help.. Maybe they will make a receiver with 2 hdmi outputs (different)..

About ESPN goal line.. Yeah I talked to directv and the rep didn't even know this which is why I came here to ask.

1) the only (currently) newer genie is the HR44. your reciever is functionally identical except for the integrated wifi antenna that the HR44 has. however a wifi deca or broadband deca can remedy that. IOW if your connected to the internet currently, you're not losing anything by not having a HR44. however, as mdram said, the HR44 is generally (but not always) faster.

2) nope.

3) no. as the 1080 format is set for a horizontal orientation, even if you COULD do that you'd essentailly be losing half the picture on each show anyway because you'd have to crop each video steam, rendering the whole point kinda moot.

4) nothing worth bothering with. both methods of watching 4k VOD content are ultimatly kinda sluggish and not at all a good experiance.
Is the guide for the newer genie faster? That's one thing I can stand about my model.

5) DirecTV and Disney (ESPN's parent company) have announced that the satellite company's customers have finally gained full, unbridled access to WatchESPN and other live streaming apps from Disney. DirecTV customers, and the companies note that ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater will be available "when those channels are in season." Just as with other providers, you'll have to enter your DirecTV account credentials before you're authenticated and allowed to take full advantage of WatchESPN.
You can use that.
I just got error message "0033: The customer is no authorized for the content requested" when trying to watch ESPN goal line on my phone via Watch ESPN app with my directv credentials. All the other ESPN channels work on watch ESPN app. Any thoughts????

I just got error message "0033: The customer is no authorized for the content requested" when trying to watch ESPN goal line on my phone via Watch ESPN app with my directv credentials. All the other ESPN channels work on watch ESPN app. Any thoughts????

hmm, i am not really sure what should you do about that. i am not really sure if i could help you with the mobile problems, i do not know what can be a problem. it works really fine to me.only that i can tell you is that is best for you try to find something on the internet. google it, maybe someone had same problem like you and maybe he can help you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)