Receiver Recommendations - Last time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mercury looks nice! To much for my pocket right now though. The wife will hand it to me... lol :)

anyone have the GeoSat PVR? I'd like to know how the Blind Scan is on it, and if it's worth the buck? Or is it better to just get a dvd pvr, and a regular receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I think I just made up my mind :) I just got back from a gun show though....they have several guns I been looking for....oh boy, too many toys....I am a dead man!

does anybody sell Satworks anymore? I know PSB had them a while back but I havent seen one ina while

Tony,
I dont think that Satworks are still available new. I do see them pop up used once in a while though.

Satworks receivers have been retiered, but I guess some retailers may have a one or two on in stock. I still have two 3618's I will never part with!

Larry,
The Fortec Mercury II has a decent blind scan, but if you use the fastest scan settings it will miss some tp's. I seem to remember the coolsats will also miss tps on the fastest scan speeds. My satworks finds the most tp's when scanning a sat, but is kind of slow compared to my mercury II. Scan speed of a satworks 3618 vs a pansat 2700 is comparable.

I still have two 3618's I will never part with!
I agree 100% with you Pete! I will never part with my 3618. While it doesnt have all the bells and whistles that I might like, it has the best blind scan I have seen, a very sensitive tuner, and a SQ meter that is very stable.

Thanks! On my Lifetime Classic NA, I leave it on defualt - 6 steps. I missed a few on my last scan, but punched them in :) I think I will get the Mercury II!

Larry,
The Fortec Mercury II has a decent blind scan, but if you use the fastest scan settings it will miss some tp's. I seem to remember the coolsats will also miss tps on the fastest scan speeds. My satworks finds the most tp's when scanning a sat, but is kind of slow compared to my mercury II. Scan speed of a satworks 3618 vs a pansat 2700 is comparable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts