Receiver Responding Slowly After Software Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gchasse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
It seems that my receiver is now responding slowly after a recent software update. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this short of calling D*?

Could be normal to be a little slower response times as it is downloading the guides and reprocessing the dvr schedule, etc.

Normall good after 30 mins or so after a reboot, especially if the guide data was lost, it can take 24 hours to restore.

If you are talking about the H20 yes ive noticed it too, there is a whole big thread on another forum that talks about this. Not sure if a fix is in the works since i didnt read that much of it. Its annoying, but the only time i use my h20 is late night in my bedroom just for noise when im trying to sleep.

Me too on the H20, much much slower then beofre. All the updates on the HR20 have not had this effect.
Yeah it seems to just apply to the H20, and with the updates on this box having slowed down a timeframe hasnt been given that im aware of on when if even a fix is coming.

If you are talking about the H20 yes ive noticed it too, there is a whole big thread on another forum that talks about this. Not sure if a fix is in the works since i didnt read that much of it. Its annoying, but the only time i use my h20 is late night in my bedroom just for noise when im trying to sleep.

Can you mention what other forum? The slowness is really annoying, maybe there is something that can be done to speed it up.

I have a H20-600 and it updated early this morning around 330 or so.

Can you mention what other forum? The slowness is really annoying, maybe there is something that can be done to speed it up.

I have a H20-600 and it updated early this morning around 330 or so.
DBS forum. not sure what the thread name was, should be able to run a search and find it easily, if i get a chance ill look and post

DBS forum should be up for you now, but if you check the problem should be resolved. I just did and its as fast as its ever been, right there with my HR-20

Mine was pretty slow later last night. I will reset etc... and see if that helps.

Could not a big thread on DBS about this, tell me what section if you get a chance

Thanks for the help.
hmm, i didnt even have to reset, i just went and turned the tv on and noticed it right away. Maybe its a staggered rollout of the update?
Ok as soon as i get a chance ill look

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts