Receiver/Satellite compatibility Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Buzz_187

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Pleasant View, Tn
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but im a noob so here goes...

So i have a brand new Dish Network install here at my place of business which includes the Model 222 Hi Def Reciever and is setup to output to 2 tv's. I wanted to try the recever in my RV hookep up to my in-motion satellite, so i hookep it up and it wont work. My in-motion satellite is practically brand new and i know everything is hooked up right. I used to have Direct TV and those boxes worked fine so i dont know what the problem is. So i guess my question is, "Do i have a compatibility problem between the box and satellite? My direct receivers were not hi def and my dish network one IS, and i dont know if that could be part of the problem....please help me, its almost camping season :mad:

Thanks in advance for responses. And btw, love the site, AWESOME!!!

p.s. i forgot to mention, i did the switch test while it was hooked up in the RV and it failed, dont kno if that helps but there it is anyways!

Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but im a noob so here goes...

So i have a brand new Dish Network install here at my place of business which includes the Model 222 Hi Def Reciever and is setup to output to 2 tv's. I wanted to try the recever in my RV hookep up to my in-motion satellite, so i hookep it up and it wont work. My in-motion satellite is practically brand new and i know everything is hooked up right. I used to have Direct TV and those boxes worked fine so i dont know what the problem is. So i guess my question is, "Do i have a compatibility problem between the box and satellite? My direct receivers were not hi def and my dish network one IS, and i dont know if that could be part of the problem....please help me, its almost camping season :mad:

Thanks in advance for responses. And btw, love the site, AWESOME!!!

p.s. i forgot to mention, i did the switch test while it was hooked up in the RV and it failed, dont kno if that helps but there it is anyways!

DirecTV and Dish use different satellites.

what model/manufacturer is it? Probably what your problem is that it is set in direct tv mode. To change it to DishNetwork mode you need to pop the cover of the dome off and change the dip-switches.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no ProPlus compatible dome type RV dishes. This means that only one of the tuners in the 222 will see the switch. There are some ProPlus compatible dish type RV dishes but those only work for DishNetwork and are significantly more expensive.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no ProPlus compatible dome type RV dishes. This means that only one of the tuners in the 222 will see the switch. There are some ProPlus compatible dish type RV dishes but those only work for DishNetwork and are significantly more expensive.

Will get the model/maufacturer info this afternoon and post back, and i completely understand about the dip switch situation so i will check for those also. But, in the mean time could someone please elaborate on the info i have quoted in this post. I dont really understand what is meant by "only one of the tuners will see the switch." The tuner is the box right? if so, then i only have one tuner. And that is all i need to see the switch right? Sorry guys if this is a trivial problem, i dont want to clutter the boards with insignificant posts.

The 222 is a duel tuner receiver that means that the receiver has two tuners in it, one for TV-1 and one for TV-2. A 211 is a single tuner receiver it only one tuner in it. A tuner is a device that "tunes" to a specific channel and takes the encrypted RF signal and decrypts it and demodulates it.

okay, fully understood now! Thanks alot, you guys are great! When i originally put in the request/work order for my DishNetwork Sytem i told them that i wanted to have 2 tuners to be able to work 2 tv's. When the installer got here, he didnt have them so he said "you can have a free upgrade to this 222 model, it does the same thing." So i guess, they were originally gonna install two 211's or similar single feed boxes. Therein Lies my problem correct? So, now, how do i get two single feed tuners out of DishNetwork w/o being hasseled like crazy? Today is the last day in my "72 hour trial Period"

P.S. Is there any way to configure the 222 to be a single feed tuner??

ok, good news, got dish network to send out an additional 211 and they are letting me keep the 222, yay for me, as long as the 211 works in the RV i guess..still wonder who would win in the "duel" lol sorry, had to..

yeah but my in-motion dish works with Dish Network's Satellites because their tech support told me that they DO have customers who use it!

Most in-motion RV sat systems are NOT compatible with A) multi-satellite systems. Or B) what are known as Dish Pro Plus receivers mfgd by Dish Network.
There are multiple satellite in motion systems out there. However these are compatilble with SINGLE TUNER satellite receivers only. Yours is a DUAL tuner receiver or Dish Pro Plus.
It is unfortunate that many techs that install in motion sat systems in RV's are not aware of this.
I know this from direct experience. I have had not one but two customers who swore up and down their RV dealer had them convinced their in-motion antenna would be compatible with ANY Dish Network satellite receiver.
Sorry.

Last edited:
^^^ yeah we've got it pretty much nailed down now, but your post does intice one more question. Does the model# 211 receiver fall into the "dish pro plus" category?

The 211 is a single tuner receiver and will work with any LNB setup. It is considered DishPro (DPP are dual tuner units...the 2nd number in the model is the number of tuners)

^^^sweet, good deal then!! I greatly appreciate ALL the help i have recieved here, this is one bad-a** site with some bad-a** satellite tv techs!! :up I Will be returning for any problems i have/anticipate in the future!!

i dont know if i should start another thread for this problem since it is technically a different issue, but im thinking it is caused by my taking the box out of the original location. but after i tried to hook my 222 up in the RV and found out i wouldnt work, i brought it back into my office and hooked it back up. Now, when i turn it on, none of my channels are there?!?!?? I went to the guide and selected the option that adds all the channels i get to my channel guide but they still arent there, what gives, they were there before i took it out. Even when i go into the guide and start paging down, there is only like 3 pages of channels, where are the other 200-300 channels i get?!?!

Did you reconnect the satellite in cable to the correct input? Did you run a check switch to tell the receiver your new correct setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)